Jose Aldo on potential superfight with Dillashaw: "The kid is just starting"

• Thread starter Bulletproof Acc
  • Start date
"He's just a kid in this game--I've pulled outta more fights than he's won!" - Jose Aldo, Jr.

I'd favor TJ in that fight just due to his better movement and boxing. He'd be outclassed elsewhere... but I think his td defense is good enough to keep it standing.

exactly.

With the exception of it being either funny or true.

and yes. I fully understand we're in the era where a significant portion of fans are going to believe whatever they want at all costs.

Come on ... the division was an after-thought to most people until Conor brought attention to it
PPV buys certainly back that up

Would anyone else rather see McGregor vs Cruz for a superfight ?

MM is the only TJ superfight that should be thrown around. TJ/Aldo likely won't have a time where it makes sense. If Aldo beats Conor then there's the Edgar rematch and Holloway and at that point it's retirement or moving to LW, not fighting the champ from the division below.

Nailed it.

some people talk about Aldo like he is some bum on sherdog lol
yeah Aldo is scared of everyone!

nhr6Igp.jpg

It will be even sweeter when he knocks McGregor out.

And I like McGregor.

Aldo isnt barao and his boxing isnt as suspect as baraos either also his whole standup is on a anthor level to baraos

He would murk tj

Aldo thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread

The more he talks the more I laugh

Dillashaw kills him btw

coming from a guy previously beaten by the Magician Dodson I dont see him beating a much bigger Aldo

Last edited:

nhr6Igp.jpg

He's no bum that's for sure.... but he has certainly lost a step. Much like with Fedor... when a guy start that downward spiral it becomes obvious. Aldo went from taking heads off to nearly having his own taken off by guys he'd have killed a few years earlier. His time at the top is coming to an end and it will be shortly. That being said, it'll be a long time before someone in his weight division has all the accomplishments and accolades to compete with him on a "all time" scale.

He is on his way out though, make no mistake about it. He's been fighting forever and the writing was on the wall in the fight with Korean Zombie. That wouldn't have been competitive just 2 years prior. The fact that he nearly lost that fight on a few occasions tells the truth. He's lost a step. And when you're at the top of the game that step is all it takes for someone to trample you. I don't like his chances of staying champ for more than another fight or 2.

He'll always be an all time great but it's time to recognize that his reign is coming to an end. He's definitely out of his prime.

anyone that think Tj would be faster than aldo is crazy, no one that fought Aldo has been faster than aldo yet, not even Frankie Edgar. Jose Aldo would dreck Tj, no doubt about it

He's no bum that's for sure.... but he has certainly lost a step. Much like with Fedor... when a guy start that downward spiral it becomes obvious. Aldo went from taking heads off to nearly having his own taken off by guys he'd have killed a few years earlier. His time at the top is coming to an end and it will be shortly. That being said, it'll be a long time before someone in his weight division has all the accomplishments and accolades to compete with him on a "all time" scale.

He is on his way out though, make no mistake about it. He's been fighting forever and the writing was on the wall in the fight with Korean Zombie. That wouldn't have been competitive just 2 years prior. The fact that he nearly lost that fight on a few occasions tells the truth. He's lost a step. And when you're at the top of the game that step is all it takes for someone to trample you. I don't like his chances of staying champ for more than another fight or 2.

He'll always be an all time great but it's time to recognize that his reign is coming to an end. He's definitely out of his prime.

kristin-cavallari-not-really.gif

Back