Jorge Masvidal "When I see Conor's face I just see a lot of dollar signs... easy money"

Conor wrecks him with superior striking skills

Masvidal is the flavour of the month right now but people forget he's a career journeyman, yes Conor is smaller but Masvidal has lost to guys way smaller than Conor like Assuncao, Rodriguez and Imada. Yeah Jorge has turned a corner of late since moving up to 170 but it wasn't that long ago he was going to decisions with guys like Ross Pearson and James Krause. Conor can absolutely beat and even outclass Masvidal if he has his head right.

A) Masvidal was a career journeyman at one time much like Lawler and RDA who put it together later in their careers. Masvidal always had the talent but wasn't mature and his fight IQ needed to improve. He lost a lot of split decisions he could have won with better fight IQ. Masvidal is at a top gym (ATT) going against quality guys every day with solid coaching and now doing great things. Masvidal is not the flavor of the month. His upward trend has been for 2 - 3 years.
B) Time travel doesn't exist. My calendar, iPhone and watch all say 07-12-2019. If these two fight it will be in 2019 or 2020. Masvidal would absolutely crush Conor in 2019 or 2020. A few years ago I would have given Conor the nod.
C) McGregor lost to Joe Duffy and some clown I can't remember, but could look up if you want me to point out embarrassing losses that happened in the past. Masvidal recently KO'd Till and I guarantee you Till would run crazy over McGregor. He is a massive WW who will likely be a MW very soon. Masvidal also recently went the distance with Damian Maia who is one of the best BJJ practitioners to ever fight in the UFC. There is zero chance Conor would survive going to the ground one single time with Maia. Masvidal has more ways to win. Conor needs a TKO which probably won't happen.
D) McGregor has very poor cardio. That is a fact. Huge advantage for Masvidal once Conor gasses.
E) Conor would not go the distance with Masvidal. I would make a large wager on Masvidal if they ever fight.

Last edited:
Conor is probably done fighting, and he would never fight Masvidal at Welterweight. Luckily for Conor though, he could convince Masvidal do fight at LW again for that payday. Masvidal was never really a LW, he was always a WW cutting a lot of weight to make LW which affected his cardio which is why he often took it easy in the later rounds.

At WW, Masvidal would annihilate Conor. At 155 he probably loses a split decision.

Conor now? Probably gets subbed.

If the Conor that fought Alvarez shows up, Conor gonna do what Till did in the 1st round but Masvidal won’t get up.

OpenPartialGuineapig-size_restricted.gif
Só Conor has more power than Till a middleweight!!!??? GTFO!!!!!

Wow, Jorge is borderline talking shit. Guess this means he deserves to get ktfo'd, have his opponent mock him while he's out cold, and then do the fake humility act in the post-fight interview. Talk shit, get hit. Right?

don't worry, his karma will come to him too

Só Conor has more power than Till a middleweight!!!??? GTFO!!!!!

It’s not about power, it’s speed and precision. Till was quick enough to tag Masvidal with the left. Conor’s lucky in a way cause he has really long reach for his height. If Conor actually cut the drinking and showed up like he did for the Alvarez fight, he’s gonna have a decent speed advantage in Masvidal. Again this is if Masvidal stands with him.

If Masvidal makes it a close up dirty fight with clinches and wrestling, it would be a wrap against Conor. Masvidal gonna have a solid frame and strength advantage and would sap Conor’s gas tank quick. Standing with Conor would be risky for any fighter. Conor is still one of the best counter strikers to ever be in that cage.

But I thought Conor was irrelevant?

Why would Jorge put a UFC title and fight on par with a Conor McGregor fight? He wouldn't put just anyone on that type of pedestal.

Does he really respect Conor that much? Or is he "real"?

Agreed, not a chump, but the results post 145 aren’t very impressive. Alvarez has been getting blasted pretty regularly so much of the shine is off that win. He flat out quit vs. Nate in their first fight. Zero effort to defend the choke even when Nate’s hands were right there for Conor to grab. Watch R2 again, zero defences, he chose to avoid damage. Cardio is subpar. He is essentially stuck with having to win 5 round fights in R1 or R2. Not so easy now that he is at 155.
ok context, Eddie thought the mcgregor fight was easy so it was last fight on his contract and would of won got a bigger contract, not motivation afterwards. kinda fucked up his career. If had a belt and ran out of contract bigger pay bump. That's partly why he's gone down and ageing. also nvm 1 I believe he had staph and was winning that fight b4 that. He's cardio needs to improve yes, but in those 2 rounds he still dangerous. also nate is 6ft, if it was rda diffrent fight.

But I thought Conor was irrelevant?

Why would Jorge put a UFC title and fight on par with a Conor McGregor fight? He wouldn't put just anyone on that type of pedestal.

Does he really respect Conor that much? Or is he "real"?

Get out of your feelings weirdo.

Jorge EASILY addresses your question in his statement: “Conor = EASY money”. His goal is not the belt but to make $$$ for his family. The belt is one of the pathways to that but Connie is the express lane.

He knows goofs like you, the Irish, and all his BETA fanboys will go out and buy this match. Not to mention who wouldn’t want to pay money to see Connie get CUCKED by another Latino Gansgster?

<seedat>

His goal is not the belt but to make $$$ for his family.

Exactly.

blessing from Conor > UFC title

Jorge has no shame in admitting it. You forum junkies should take a note from your "real" man, and accept it.

Jorge doesn't want to give him those props, but he's honest.

Exactly.

blessing from Conor > UFC title

So the cope to your depression is to keep reminding yourself that Connie = UFC cash cow?

It’s not different than any HW giving up a fight vs DC for the belt to pursue a $$$ with Brock.

OR a WMMA fighter passing up on a fight with Nunes to fight Honda.

Heck I’m pretty sure a lot of WW’s would give up match vs Snoozeman to fight CM Punk on a main event.

So essentially you’re saying Connie is the equivalent of a Brock, Honda, or even a CM Punk figure in MMA...

<JonesLaugh>
<36>
<RawexDidThis1>
{<jordan}

Last edited:
So essentially you’re saying Connie the equivalent of a Brock, Honda, or even a CM Punk figure in MMA..

He's even greater than them.

15-25mins with Conor the greatest prize in combat sports.

Conor now? Probably gets subbed.

If the Conor that fought Alvarez shows up, Conor gonna do what Till did in the 1st round but Masvidal won’t get up.

OpenPartialGuineapig-size_restricted.gif

Lettuce be real. Mas has a Diaz-level chin. What did Nate do when he got dropped?

>Biggest prize in Combat Sports

Lol, even if that were true, you were able to name one person, and even he welcomed Conor's blessing. I wonder why...?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...-conor-mcgregor-bout-generates-4-3m-ppv-buys/

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...re-berto-fight-disappoints-pay-per-view-sales

"If Floyd Mayweather's expected rout of Andre Berto on Sept. 12 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas truly was his final fight, then Mayweather will have gone out with a whimper, not with a bang."

Conor bless.

Back