Jorge Masvidal "When I see Conor's face I just see a lot of dollar signs... easy money"

The guy flat lined an undefeated fighter that was unstoppable for a decade. Eddie had no problem nullifying Pettis and finishing RDA. Conor made Eddie look like an amateur.

Conor is underrated at this point.

He's good. One of the best strikers we've ever seen in the first round. But he becomes a completely average fighter after two rounds. And getting a knockout in the first two rounds isn't a reliable strategy, especially against heavier guys. Masvidal has very good defense, much better than Eddie does, and an iron chin. I'd favor him to take whatever Conor throws and wear him out.

would love to see it. like with diaz, at least one loudmouth gets shut up.

It's easy money cause even if he lost he would still make more for that 1 fight than he gets in 10 other fights. It's an easy money fight for anyone. If it's at 155 I would bet on conor.

Would be easy money. After 1.5 rounds McTapper has close to zero chance of winning. Striking is relatively comparable, but ground game and cardio huge edge to Masvidal. Heart goes to Jorge, Conor quits when the going gets rough and I think Masvidal will likely take over the fight and Conor quits rather than take damage and try to rally.

Last edited:
Conor now? Probably gets subbed.

If the Conor that fought Alvarez shows up, Conor gonna do what Till did in the 1st round but Masvidal won’t get up.

OpenPartialGuineapig-size_restricted.gif
till is like 6'1 or 6ft, but yh i think speed wont be good

Would be easy money. After 1.5 rounds McTapper has close zero chance of winning. Striking is relatively comparable, but ground game and cardio huge edge to Masvidal. Heart goes to Jorge, Conor quits when the going gets rough and I think Masvidal will likely take over the fight and Conor quits rather than take damage and try to rally.
bruh 2 division champ give respect

bruh 2 division champ give respect
Zero title defenses and Masvidal is bigger and more well rounded. McGregor isn’t in the 145 division anymore bro...factor that into your prediction.

That would be a fantastic fight, Conor would not take it though. He has no need to fight someone like Masvidal. Conor is basically waiting around for an instant title shot.

Any time I hear the phrase easy money with reference to fighting Conor, I think of that funny presser they did leading into the Aldo/McG fight and RDA vs. Cerrone II among others. Conor basically directs a comment at Cerrone and RDA, saying, be honest with yourselves and tell me that you wouldn't bail on that fight for the opportunity to face me.

And RDA replies, "of course, man. Easy money. Of course I go for the easy money..." haha. Always thought that was a pretty solid retort by Dos Anjos in a presser where Conor was delivering memorable line after memorable line.

Zero title defenses and Masvidal is bigger and more well rounded. McGregor isn’t in the 145 division anymore bro...factor that into your prediction.
bruh. i'm not saying masvidal wont win, just that connor aint a chump

when then fuck did masvidal prove he was on some elite level? because he landed a flying knee in 5 seconds against a wrestler?

and i recognize he's a good fighter..
I didn’t use the word elite bratha

Wins against Cerrone, Till and Askren at WW proves he can hang in this division

bruh. i'm not saying masvidal wont win, just that connor aint a chump
Agreed, not a chump, but the results post 145 aren’t very impressive. Alvarez has been getting blasted pretty regularly so much of the shine is off that win. He flat out quit vs. Nate in their first fight. Zero effort to defend the choke even when Nate’s hands were right there for Conor to grab. Watch R2 again, zero defense, he chose to avoid damage. Cardio is subpar. He is essentially stuck with having to win 5 round fights in R1 or R2. Not so easy now that he is at 155.

Masvidal is the flavour of the month right now but people forget he's a career journeyman, yes Conor is smaller but Masvidal has lost to guys way smaller than Conor like Assuncao, Rodriguez and Imada. Yeah Jorge has turned a corner of late since moving up to 170 but it wasn't that long ago he was going to decisions with guys like Ross Pearson and James Krause. Conor can absolutely beat and even outclass Masvidal if he has his head right.

Back