Jordan Peterson seeks 'emergency' drug detox treatment in Russia

Why do we even give out mind altering drugs to "correct" something as natural as anxiety? If we cared about people wouldnt we be helping each other manage natural things like this? Mind altering substances can only end one way..

Why do we give heart altering drugs to “correct” something as natural as high blood pressure?
Why do we give bacteria altering drugs to “correct” something as natural as staph?

Medications are over prescribed and over used, that doesn’t mean they don’t have legitimate applications.

Why do we even give out mind altering drugs to "correct" something as natural as anxiety? If we cared about people wouldnt we be helping each other manage natural things like this? Mind altering substances can only end one way..
Because of pharmarceutical industry money.

Because anxiety is worse than death.

Some of you guys are pretty pathetic and corrosive, there is pretty much nothing I’ve ever heard that guy say that’s not aimed at helping educate people and build their self esteem.

You could say the same thing about Ayn Rand.

In fact, maybe you do. :rolleyes:

You could say the same thing about Ayn Rand.

In fact, maybe you do. :rolleyes:
I honestly don’t even know who that is. I know about Jordan because I live in Toronto, and I don’t see anything wrong with that guys message, but feel free to enlighten me instead of making completely baseless assumptions.

Tbh, you ain't lying. I can remember 2 panic attacks I've ever had and they were terrible.
Me too. IDK if I would call them panic attacks but almost daily on my way to work on the metro I got incredibly anxious. It was 15 minutes of hell everyday where I even I felt like I lost control of my guts (basically I felt like I was going to shit or piss my pants).

Luckly you can work around those things. It's a process but it pays off at the end. Now barely anything bothers me.

Never took pills tho.

I honestly don’t even know who that is. I know about Jordan because I live in Toronto, and I don’t see anything wrong with that guys message, but feel free to enlighten me instead of making completely baseless assumptions.

It's safe to say that if you see "nothing wrong" with Peterson's message you would see nothing wrong with Rand's either.

They are both anti-collectivist, bootstrap materialists who believe the best (and happiest) human beings are those at the top of the free-market dominance hierarchy.

It's safe to say that if you see "nothing wrong" with Peterson's message you would see nothing wrong with Rand's either.

They are both anti-collectivist, bootstrap materialists who believe the best (and happiest) human beings are those at the top of the free-market dominance hierarchy.

Lmao you don't know shit about Peterson. That's not even close to his message.

His message is life is suffering, no matter where you are. So you should do the best you can to lessen the suffering for yourself and those around you. He's far from materialist. Of course you'd know that if you ever bothered watching and trying to see his point of view.

He's far closer to stoicism or cynic than he is materialist.

Me too. IDK if I would call them panic attacks but almost daily on my way to work on the metro I got incredibly anxious. It was 15 minutes of hell everyday where I even I felt like I lost control of my guts (basically I felt like I was going to shit or piss my pants).

Luckly you can work around those things. It's a process but it pays off at the end. Now barely anything bothers me.

Never took pills tho.
For me both times it was as if I wasnt inside myself. Like I could touch my arm but couldnt feel my skin. I dont really know how to explain it. Now I'm panicking thinking about panicking

For me both times it was as if I wasnt inside myself. Like I could touch my arm but couldnt feel my skin. I dont really know how to explain it. Now I'm panicking thinking about panicking
Stress is a bitch. I don't think I could go back to that tho. Hope its the same for you.

Back