Jordan Peterson seeks 'emergency' drug detox treatment in Russia

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I will refrain from talking shit about him as he is in bad shape, (I find him to be an ultra-loon who is devious enough to hide the fact that he is HIGHLY narcissistic from his blind fans) but there you have it.

Below is part of the article from the link.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/jordan-peterson-treatment-russia-1.5456939

Jordan Peterson's family says he has sought "emergency" drug detox treatment in Russia, after several failed attempts to overcome his dependence on a potent anti-anxiety medication.

The controversial University of Toronto psychology professor and internationally famous self-help guru is said to have been in a Moscow hospital for the past month, recovering from both the "incredibly gruelling" treatment and a severe case of pneumonia.

"He's had to spend four weeks in the ICU in terrible shape, but, with the help of some extremely competent and courageous doctors, he survived," his daughter Mikhaila Peterson said in an online video, posted Friday evening. "The uncertainty around his recovery has been one of the most difficult and scary experiences we've ever had."

The 57-year-old professor has been out of the public eye since September, when it was first disclosed by his daughter that he was seeking treatment for his dependence on clonazepam, a benzodiazepine tranquilizer that is often prescribed to patients with panic issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don’t know who this is, but if he’s a conservative I expect some very classy posts below

I hope he gets better.

Has he tried cleaning his room yet?

Someone once told me that if you just clean your own room, a cascade of positive outcomes will follow as surely as the bootstraps that I'm lifting myself by.

I don’t know who this is, but if he’s a conservative I expect some very classy posts below
You're welcome.

Last edited:
Good for him. hope he gets better.

nonetheless, I'm sure many here will take joy on shitting on him and his mental health.....Scavengers of human misery.

I will refrain from talking shit about him as he is in bad shape, (I find him to be an ultra-loon who is devious enough to hide the fact that he is HIGHLY narcissistic from his blind fans) but there you have it.

Below is part of the article from the link.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/jordan-peterson-treatment-russia-1.5456939

Jordan Peterson's family says he has sought "emergency" drug detox treatment in Russia, after several failed attempts to overcome his dependence on a potent anti-anxiety medication.

The controversial University of Toronto psychology professor and internationally famous self-help guru is said to have been in a Moscow hospital for the past month, recovering from both the "incredibly gruelling" treatment and a severe case of pneumonia.

"He's had to spend four weeks in the ICU in terrible shape, but, with the help of some extremely competent and courageous doctors, he survived," his daughter Mikhaila Peterson said in an online video, posted Friday evening. "The uncertainty around his recovery has been one of the most difficult and scary experiences we've ever had."

The 57-year-old professor has been out of the public eye since September, when it was first disclosed by his daughter that he was seeking treatment for his dependence on clonazepam, a benzodiazepine tranquilizer that is often prescribed to patients with panic issues.

addicted to clonopin?
lightweight

at least rush limbaugh was addicted to oxycontin :)

Buckle up..

you're going to see a lot of disgusting comments and whataboutisms.

very similar to the Rush LImbaugh thread

It's too bad his daughter felt the need to state there were no psychological or mental health issues involved in her dad's illness. It was all purely a product of a chemical's influence over his biology.

Sure thing, bro. :rolleyes:

Even in the depths of sickness the Peterson mega-ego remains.

I find him to be an ultra-loon who is devious enough to hide the fact that he is HIGHLY narcissistic from his blind fans.

I'm not a huge fan either, but I would never accuse him of hiding his narcissism, it's on full display 24-7

Good for him. hope he gets better.

nonetheless, I'm sure many here will take joy on shitting on him and his mental health.....Scavengers of human misery.

LIFE IS SUFFERING.

Is that not the ultimate human truth?

Yes, he's going through some things, but...this is The War Room.

He is fodder, unless people straight up wish him to die.

I personally find him to be toxic toxic toxic toxic.......hence the irony with his condition.

Imagine getting all your life advice from a drug addict.

I'm not a huge fan either, but I would never accuse him of hiding his narcissism, it's on full display 24-7

He DOES hide it...from his fans.

Yes, YOU can see it, because you're not a blind follower.

Buckle up..

you're going to see a lot of disgusting comments and whataboutisms.

very similar to the Rush LImbaugh thread
I think even in Rush's case its kinda ugly to shit on him but to be fair the guy is far more of an asshole than Peterson. I mean for fuck's sake he even tried to downplay and deny the connection between smoking tobacco and lung cancer, what morbid irony his case turned out to be.

Peterson is less toxic by my estimation and he's been mega fucked through no fault of his own. He took an anxiety drug that was prescribed to him which only made his anxiety worse which then only got even worse after his wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Imagine what his daughter is going through right now; mother dying, father going crazy and having to fly halfway around the world for emergency treatment and probably getting shit from the internet the whole time.

He hopped on Anti-Depressants because his wife is dying
Actually I think he was on them before she got diagnosed but the dosage was increased after the diagnosis.

You get to see the hypocrisy of some here, posters who'd otherwise go on and on about how we need to treat addictions as a serious public health problem and hold the pharmaceutical industry accountable for irresponsible prescriptions are now reveling in the suffering of a person who trusted his psychiatrist's diagnosis and prescription only to have it backfire on him.

There is already a thread of this in Mayberry Lounge and is like 20 pages long.

Half are bashing him for being an hypocrite
The other half is defending him.

Clean you room.

It's sad to see him going through this. He has helped a lot of people.

Predictably some of the more hypocritical shitbags on these forums have chimed in to remind us that he's not perfect but yet is still more influential and successful than they could ever be.

don't care about political affiliation, those who revel in the suffering of other humans are shitbirds. wish him the best.

I think even in Rush's case its kinda ugly to shit on him but to be fair the guy is far more of an asshole than Peterson. I mean for fuck's sake he even tried to downplay and deny the connection between smoking tobacco and lung cancer, what morbid irony his case turned out to be.

Peterson is less toxic by my estimation and he's been mega fucked through no fault of his own. He took an anxiety drug that was prescribed to him which only made his anxiety worse which then only got even worse after his wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Imagine what his daughter is going through right now; mother dying, father going crazy and having to fly halfway around the world for emergency treatment and probably getting shit from the internet the whole time.

great post.

let me just state that for the record, I agree that rush is a POS and has done more harm than good in this country regarding political discourse.

the rest of your post is spot on.
I don't think it's humorous, nor do I enjoy the mental health turmoil of even the people I hate.

Back