1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Jordan Peterson seeks 'emergency' drug detox treatment in Russia

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by The Big Bang, Feb 12, 2020.

1. The Big Bang Silver Belt

I will refrain from talking shit about him as he is in bad shape, (I find him to be an ultra-loon who is devious enough to hide the fact that he is HIGHLY narcissistic from his blind fans) but there you have it.

Below is part of the article from the link.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/jordan-peterson-treatment-russia-1.5456939

Jordan Peterson's family says he has sought "emergency" drug detox treatment in Russia, after several failed attempts to overcome his dependence on a potent anti-anxiety medication.

The controversial University of Toronto psychology professor and internationally famous self-help guru is said to have been in a Moscow hospital for the past month, recovering from both the "incredibly gruelling" treatment and a severe case of pneumonia.

"He's had to spend four weeks in the ICU in terrible shape, but, with the help of some extremely competent and courageous doctors, he survived," his daughter Mikhaila Peterson said in an online video, posted Friday evening. "The uncertainty around his recovery has been one of the most difficult and scary experiences we've ever had."

The 57-year-old professor has been out of the public eye since September, when it was first disclosed by his daughter that he was seeking treatment for his dependence on clonazepam, a benzodiazepine tranquilizer that is often prescribed to patients with panic issues.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. AlexDB9 Banned Banned

I don’t know who this is, but if he’s a conservative I expect some very classy posts below

3. luckyshot Voted Most Reasonable Platinum Member

I hope he gets better.

Has he tried cleaning his room yet?

Someone once told me that if you just clean your own room, a cascade of positive outcomes will follow as surely as the bootstraps that I'm lifting myself by.

You're welcome.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  4. Social Distance Warrior Banned Banned

Good for him. hope he gets better.

nonetheless, I'm sure many here will take joy on shitting on him and his mental health.....Scavengers of human misery.

5. Social Distance Warrior Banned Banned

Buckle up..

you're going to see a lot of disgusting comments and whataboutisms.

very similar to the Rush LImbaugh thread

6. Officer Rick Citadel Of Ricks Belt Platinum Member

addicted to clonopin?
    lightweight

at least rush limbaugh was addicted to oxycontin :)

7. ultramanhyata Reclimbing Like Mountain

It's too bad his daughter felt the need to state there were no psychological or mental health issues involved in her dad's illness. It was all purely a product of a chemical's influence over his biology.

Sure thing, bro. :rolleyes:

Even in the depths of sickness the Peterson mega-ego remains.

8. djacobox372 Steel Belt

I'm not a huge fan either, but I would never accuse him of hiding his narcissism, it's on full display 24-7

9. The Big Bang Silver Belt

LIFE IS SUFFERING.

Is that not the ultimate human truth?

Yes, he's going through some things, but...this is The War Room.

He is fodder, unless people straight up wish him to die.

I personally find him to be toxic toxic toxic toxic.......hence the irony with his condition.

10. Rational Poster Actually the Best Poster

Imagine getting all your life advice from a drug addict.

11. The Big Bang Silver Belt

He DOES hide it...from his fans.

Yes, YOU can see it, because you're not a blind follower.

12. Khabib Khanate Hashashiyan Staff Member Senior Moderator

I think even in Rush's case its kinda ugly to shit on him but to be fair the guy is far more of an asshole than Peterson. I mean for fuck's sake he even tried to downplay and deny the connection between smoking tobacco and lung cancer, what morbid irony his case turned out to be.

Peterson is less toxic by my estimation and he's been mega fucked through no fault of his own. He took an anxiety drug that was prescribed to him which only made his anxiety worse which then only got even worse after his wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Imagine what his daughter is going through right now; mother dying, father going crazy and having to fly halfway around the world for emergency treatment and probably getting shit from the internet the whole time.

13. vcmmafan Black Belt

He hopped on Anti-Depressants because his wife is dying

14. Rational Poster Actually the Best Poster

And then he abused it till he's so addicted that he needs to flee to Russia for help.

15. machidafan99 Gold Belt

a flawed human like the rest of us.
    wish him well

16. Khabib Khanate Hashashiyan Staff Member Senior Moderator

Actually I think he was on them before she got diagnosed but the dosage was increased after the diagnosis.

You get to see the hypocrisy of some here, posters who'd otherwise go on and on about how we need to treat addictions as a serious public health problem and hold the pharmaceutical industry accountable for irresponsible prescriptions are now reveling in the suffering of a person who trusted his psychiatrist's diagnosis and prescription only to have it backfire on him.

17. SalvadorAllende Steel Belt

There is already a thread of this in Mayberry Lounge and is like 20 pages long.

Half are bashing him for being an hypocrite
    The other half is defending him.

Clean you room.

18. Rygu R.I.P. Obie Platinum Member

It's sad to see him going through this. He has helped a lot of people.

Predictably some of the more hypocritical shitbags on these forums have chimed in to remind us that he's not perfect but yet is still more influential and successful than they could ever be.

19. Samjj Green Belt

don't care about political affiliation, those who revel in the suffering of other humans are shitbirds. wish him the best.

20. Social Distance Warrior Banned Banned

great post.

let me just state that for the record, I agree that rush is a POS and has done more harm than good in this country regarding political discourse.

the rest of your post is spot on.
    I don't think it's humorous, nor do I enjoy the mental health turmoil of even the people I hate.