Jordan Peterson seeks 'emergency' drug detox treatment in Russia

Sounds like this is far more than just a psychological issue:

However, there are indications that Peterson may still have significant challenges to overcome.

The National Post, which regularly publishes Peterson's opinion columns — the latest one last November — reports that the professor spent eight days in a medically induced coma in Moscow in an effort to fight off his lung infection.

He has suffered neurological damage, and cannot type or walk unaided, at present, the paper says.

I doubt we will ever see Peterson in the public stage again.
Probably a bit early to tell what will be the outcome.

I had 5 days in medically induced coma, critically ill with pneumonia. I also couldn't walk unaided for a few days. You lose strength extremely fast when you are bed bound.

I made a full recovery though.

What a fucking snowflake he is. People get cancer all the time. Is that an excuse?

Well.. considering that his wife is sick with cancer and yet he still managed to deviate the attention towards him by becoming an useless junkie when his family needs him the most... I guess you are correct.

This dude come to talk about masculinity and still looks like he is on the verge of tears all time. IDK what people see in him.

The guy is a bit of a snowflake. He claimed to have read Dostoevsky and fell into a pronounced depression from which it was difficult to emerge. But I don't believe it for a second. I think he is just trying to convince others that his intellect and understanding of the human condition and human suffering is so deep that he can't detach himself from all of human suffering.

That said, any form of addiction is sad and I only wish for him to get better. I don't think he has the fortitude to live a life in the public life he has tried to do it. I think he craves attention, and the cult following has certainly quieted his insecurities. He's certainly intelligent but he's gone off into a career tangent more geared toward fame than actual intellectual notoriety. He thinks he's reaching fame through intellectual notoriety, and so do his fans who know nothing about psychology, but he has very little credibility anymore in that field. Though I will admit I find his online lectures on personality theory very insightful. But a lot of shit he's said is just plain wrong. I can't see the University of Toronto wanting to keep him around.

Again, I hope he gets better for his sake and so that he can be there for his dying wife.

Going to Russia over the US and Canada for medical treatment caught my eye as well.

His daughter said something like "They have the courage to medically detox people" and I have no idea what that means. But you can actually die from Benzo withdrawal if you go cold turkey
Yeah, it takes a lot of courage to take that risk!

They choose russia, the fuck is wrong with them.

Hope he recovers, his nice way of owning leftist extremist idiocy is much needed in the world.
Yeah he's made a career out of owning low hanging fruit. Kind of like that other cunt Gad Saad.

The guy is a bit of a snowflake. He claimed to have read Dostoevsky and fell into a pronounced depression from which it was difficult to emerge. But I don't believe it for a second. I think he is just trying to convince others that his intellect and understanding of the human condition and human suffering is so deep that he can't detach himself from all of human suffering.

Oh my god, are you serious? From the guy who gives lectures on how it's most ethical to ignore homeless beggars?

I hadn't heard that. But it's pathetic.

Oh my god, are you serious? From the guy who gives lectures on how it's most ethical to ignore homeless beggars?

Yeah on one of the Rogan podcasts

Yeah, I heard him tell that story about Dostoevsky too. I couldn't imagine telling other people how to live when I was destroyed by Crime and Punishment into incapacity.

It's crazy to hear him 10 years ago. He sounds like any rambling psychology or sociology professor, talking about nothing while throwing out a host of moralistic terms that don't track with each-other or cohere.

I also wonder why he wears cowboy boots so much of the time......

Thankfully I don't have any trouble getting off drugs. I can gobble them like tictacs for months (both oxycodone and subcut fentanyl just recently) and stop cold without issue. Although I did take a week and a half to taper off a high dose of tramadol after I discovered it was psychoactive, simply because the doctors advised stopping cold was a bad idea.
Lacking that tendency to addiction I guess.

A couple years ago I was at a bowling alley and the bartender was this pregnant woman who stepped out for a smoke. She said quitting cold turkey would 'shock the fetus' or something like that.

I hope he makes a full recovery and continue his good work. It's not easy being human.

A couple years ago I was at a bowling alley and the bartender was this pregnant woman who stepped out for a smoke. She said quitting cold turkey would 'shock the fetus' or something like that.

That's disgusting.

Can tapering off Benzos really take people years?
You can load people up with a long-acting benzo like Valium and do a super fast fixed dose taper and people probably wont seize, but slow tapers are easier to tolerate and usually more successful in the long-run. But most people are not going to require years. Most will get tapered off over several months to maybe a year. Depends too partially on how much they're taking.

Wouldn't surprise me, to be honest. Dostoevsky himself was prone to reacting very strongly to situations that probably came off as mundane to others. That's why he has written a lot of his characters to be rather melodramatic, exaggerated in their behaviour and responses.

The idea of suddenly falling ill or having a seizure over an "epiphany" is pretty distant to most people. But not necessarily to people like Dostoevsky, and I assume Peterson as well.

That's why I think that he has actually had his shit together pretty well, mentally, considering that his physical constitution is not necessarily fit for any kind of public work. When you're allergic to basically everything, have problems with your immunity, burdened with a family history of addiction, depression and anxiety, it's just a different path to take from most everybody else's.

The way I see it, he has been the perfect representative to preach to the future generations of men, which are bound to suffer more from anxieties, depression, impotence, hyper-sensitivity, lack of identity or meaning, than our generations have. As someone who was not necessarily blessed with a strong physical constitution, Peterson did fairly well for himself, and carved out a place for himself in the world, a family, a well-paying job, and a position of prestige in society. Thus, he is in a better position to talk to the youth, than the "old bulls" to whom "toughing it out" and "manning up" came as naturally as breathing.

To some, he comes off as too weak or meek, but he's not really trying to motivate a group of UFC fighters for a cage match. He's trying to motivate some people to come out of their shell and live a life.

Last edited:
I hope he makes a full recovery and continue his good work. It's not easy being human.

It's also not easy being delicious. Both realities requires effort and care...

It's also not easy being delicious. Both realities requires effort and care...

I make sure to make multiple posts to drive in the effect of how one needs to earn their taste.

I make sure to make multiple posts to drive in the effect of how one needs to earn their taste.
Double post, double down. Gotta make sure the flesh absorbs the spices properly before being tossed on the grill, right?

Dostoevski is more of a social club, and less of an author. People use his name like a badge of honor lol. Can’t imagine why someone would hype him to these lengths

that said Peterson is like every other human being, he’s got some good ideas and some bad ones, one of them being going to Russia for rehab lmao

Shouldn't have fucked with benzo's. They're tempting but a nightmare long term. I've been on a low dose of them for 4 days and It took about a week to get back to normal. Going months would be a nightmare. He should of stuck to ambiem which is no where near addictive. Don't get me wrong, you can still run into addiction troubles with them but nothing like Benzos.

Back