Jordan Burroughs MMA training

35 years old right now, maybe he'll enter MMA and become a champion by 42 if he's lucky.

maury-laughing.gif

Obviously his grappling drilling looks very good… unfortunately his striking drilling looks very stiff and lacks any semblance of fluidity or refinement.

With that said he would definitely be a problem for anyone just given his wrestling credentials, until someone touches that chin and stuffs a TD that is. Also a long shot that he ever fights anyone with a pulse considering his age… unless he goes full Romero.

35 years old right now, maybe he'll enter MMA and become a champion by 42 if he's lucky.

maury-laughing.gif
Sounds pretty normal for ufcs recent lhw and hw champs.

stipe, dc, glover, Jan anyone?

If Bo Nickal can have relative success, there's no reason to believe Jordan can't. Jordan's wrestling is leaps beyond Bo's.

Sounds pretty normal for ufcs recent lhw and hw champs.

stipe, dc, glover, Jan anyone?

Jordan wrestled at 79 kg, he'd likely be a welterweight in MMA. He's not gonna become a champion in any top promotion. He'll be way too old before he figures things out.

Is he even serious about switching to MMA or is he just bullshitting around with MMA training as usual?

If Bo Nickal can have relative success, there's no reason to believe Jordan can't. Jordan's wrestling is leaps beyond Bo's.

Bo Nickal = 27 years old, pro debut at 26 years old.

Jordan Burroughs = 35 years old, no pro debut or even interest in fighting in MMA to this point.

So yeah, there's a reason right there.

I used to be very excited at the prospect of him fighting some day -- he can shoot a double leg from a mile away. However, after hearing him explain his lack of enthusiasm in the sport, my excitement was deflated; he really just didn't seem interested in fighting (which is fine; it isn't for everyone). I'm not sure what the context of this footage is, but it is very neat to see him training. If he is interested in competing, that would be very cool.

Jordan wrestled at 79 kg, he'd likely be a welterweight in MMA. He's not gonna become a champion in any top promotion. He'll be way too old before he figures things out.

Is he even serious about switching to MMA or is he just bullshitting around with MMA training as usual?
He’s not serious just doing it for attention and staying mainstream. His active sporting career is pretty much over. Pro wrestling is the only thing he might have a solid avenue for competing in

It would be fun to see him in a BJJ competition after six to twelve months of training. I'm not saying he would be a world beater but he could probably do some matches and make some decent money for a short period. As far as MMA Yoel was in his early thirties and that was incredible, impossible at Jordan's age but I know he is just goofing around for exposure and to get people talking.

at that age i'd be talking shit to influencers and working on a celebrity boxing match.

This simply isn't true.

Bo is in his athletic prime at 27 and is legitimately one of the best in the world right now. He's not a world team member because he's the same weight as David Taylor (who Jordan had several famous battles with)

At 35 years old, the window to transition to MMA has closed. Bo started in his mid-20's which is workable considering his background. Jordan has aged out. He was clearly the better wrestler and a GOAT in his own right, but not 'leaps' beyond Bo, certainly not in folkstyle.

This simply isn't true.

Bo is in his athletic prime at 27 and is legitimately one of the best in the world right now. He's not a world team member because he's the same weight as David Taylor (who Jordan had several famous battles with)

At 35 years old, the window to transition to MMA has closed. Bo started in his mid-20's which is workable considering his background. Jordan has aged out. He was clearly the better wrestler and a GOAT in his own right, but not 'leaps' beyond Bo, certainly not in folkstyle.
Yeah David and Taylor are usually neck and neck when they face one each other. People want to take Digs at Bo because its the cool thing to do but they can't take any credit away from his wrestling pedigree....He's as legit as they come.

From yesterday. I would love to see it, just athleticism and work-etic would take him far.. Together with an olympic gold and 6-time world champ in freestyle wrestling.

35 is little late to be starting MMA.

JB is probably one of the few wrestlers out there that is well off because of wrestling, no point in actually going pro if he doesn't need to.

Back