Jones v Werdum at 215 Catchweight - Who wins

Last edited by a moderator:
Why fuck around with a catch weight? He's the best isn't he?

I would favor Jones and DC (due to his success with HW grapplers) over Werdum.

DC is just a lighter Cain with slightly better hands and about equal KO power.

Werdum beats him up. DC looked very unimpressive against both Nelson and Mir, even gassing horribly against the latter.

If Jones ever wants to fight Werdum, he should avoid the weight cut and fight at HW.

Well let's hope Gus DC or Rumble knock his head of at LHW first then i would like to see him have to fight Travis Browne or Stipe or Junior! His sorry ass would be that wrecked by one of those HW matchups that he would be looking for a catchweight fight with Paige Van Zant!

I'd favour Jones at heavyweight let alone at a catchweight.

This infraction has been reversed.

Reason:
Don't let it happen again

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt Werdum can make 215, hell he don't even weigh 225 at weigh-ins since HW is 225-265.

Jones does horrible at heavyweight. Don't understand how people cant see this, maybe pure nut huggers, by choice he will never leave the LHW division. Just like Weidman would have no where near the same success at LHW. These guys have owned and picked their weight division for a reason. Werdum anyway he wants.

DC is just a lighter Cain with slightly better hands and about equal KO power.

I think DC's ground game is way more solid. Cain uses wrestling against poor wrestlers to punch them on the ground. It was something he avoid against Werdum. If he cannot overwhelm the opponent, Cain is very beatable. Most of the time he is conditioned much better than the opponent.

I think DC's experience will not stop using his ground game. He is stronger there and will not end up in bad positions. He also has more ways to take the opponent down. DC's clinch work and distance covering against Jones was impressive despite the loss.

Back