Jones v Werdum at 215 Catchweight - Who wins

But in the end of the day he still won. Jones can make a run at HW not saying it'll be easy but to say he cant is ridiculous.

Lmao bruh...No.

Jones can be successful at HW. It is possible. The person who originally said he would likely beat everyone in MMA is ridiculous. I see Werdum, JDS, Miocic, Cain beating the tar out of him. Even many of the lower tier Heavyweights in the UFC would give him problems.

But in the end of the day he still won. Jones can make a run at HW not saying it'll be easy but to say he cant is ridiculous.

Lmao bruh...No.

Also you're making it seem like Jones will be coming into these fights at 205. He'll be up in weight and no one knows what that extra weight will do.

No bruh he doesn't come in at 205...he's 220 fight night...and the HW's who don't have to drain and cut weight for 6 to 9 weeks are a well fed and hydrated 265. There's a huge difference...huge.

Jones could and likely would beat anyone in MMA.

Are you high? He fought to a virtual draw with Gus.

There is more than one HW that would tool him. JDS has everything Gus does but is better in all facets; TD defense, striking, etc.

Werdum would tool Jones. Jones would have to be desperate to stay off of the ground.

Cormier is more suited for Heavyweight. Jones can still beat him but it would be more competitive for sure.

Agreed. Jones might still win...it would be a drastically different fight is all I'm saying.

Are you high? He fought to a virtual draw with Gus.

There is more than one HW that would tool him. JDS has everything Gus does but is better in all facets; TD defense, striking, etc.

Werdum would tool Jones. Jones would have to be desperate to stay off of the ground.

This...

No bruh he doesn't come in at 205...he's 220 fight night...and the HW's who don't have to drain and cut weight for 6 to 9 weeks are a well fed and hydrated 265. There's a huge difference...huge.

-_- you didn't get what I meant. I'm saying come fight night Jones Vs any heavyweight he wont be coming in at 220 like he does now he wont be cutting since he'll be fighting at...heavyweight. Have to see how big of a difference that'll be. Got it now bruh?

Fine Top 3. Gus beat him...everyone knows that. Someone with his incredible reach but 40-45 pounds bigger and stronger would wreck him. Who's the last guy he knocked out? Was it Gus? Was it DC? He's an amazing fighter...amazing...BUT there's a reason he is at LHW and not HW.

Struve and Browne are the biggest HWs but they do not do well if they cannot enforce their gameplan. And Jones has a lot more tools to allow them to do that.

KO power is a legit concern. JDS could knock Jones out for sure. But he could also look helpless in a clinch or on the ground.

Cain's cardio and speed would not be an advantage against Jones. I am not even sure he could force his gameplan against Werdum at sea level in the rematch. He was only able to recover against Kongo in that situation and lost to JDS and Werdum. If Cain was lean, he would be smaller than all the 3 of those fighters, and would have marginal weight advantage against Jones.

Werdum vs Jones is something we would have to see. It is tough to predict since neither fighter is likely to finish by strikes, and Werdum is an elite grappler while Jones is extremely talented and versatile.

As far as moving to the HW divison, Jones might want to beat GSP/Silva number of wins. You don't just switch divisions where you are dominant.

-_- you didn't get what I meant. I'm saying come fight night Jones Vs any heavyweight he wont be coming in at 220 like he does now he wont be cutting since he'll be fighting at...heavyweight. Have to see how big of a difference that'll be. Got it now bruh?

I see what you are saying. Riddle me this...a 220 pound Jones could not knock out Gus or DC but he will have enough power to out wrestle and knock out 265 pound grown men. Why does he kill himself to cut to 205 then? Why not kick back and go HW? I'll wait...

@fight professor Good points sir. I still say Werdum eats him alive.

Doubt Werdum can make 215, hell he don't even weigh 225 at weigh-ins since HW is 225-265.

HW is 206 and above.

Jones / Werdum wouldn't need to be a catch weight unless Jones really wanted it to be.

Which limb are you cutting off Werdum so he makes 215????

@fight professor Good points sir. I still say Werdum eats him alive.

I cannot argue with that. Werdum looks amazing these days. He has stand up skills, elite grappling and great cardio. Jones would have to be a KO artist to finish him. A decision is very hard to predict.

I see what you are saying. Riddle me this...a 220 pound Jones could not knock out Gus or DC but he will have enough power to out wrestle and knock out 265 pound grown men. Why does he kill himself to cut to 205 then? Why not kick back and go HW? I'll wait...

It's the weight he choose and felt comfortable with when he started can't be mad that he didn't go up since he was dominating. To my knowledge he was young and he already stated that he wanted to go up to HW anyway it was just a matter of time. Have you seen his weight cuts? He makes 205 with ease he's not killing himself. But then again you'll probably try to find something else to discredit him with so F'it.

Meh I still got Jones over Werdum.

HW is 206 and above.

Jones / Werdum wouldn't need to be a catch weight unless Jones really wanted it to be.

Harold Howard would destroy all of them. After he beat the sand out of that heavybag, you knew he was invincible....

It's the weight he choose and felt comfortable with when he started can't be mad that he didn't go up since he was dominating. To my knowledge he was young and he already stated that he wanted to go up to HW anyway it was just a matter of time. Have you seen his weight cuts? He makes 205 with ease he's not killing himself. But then again you'll probably try to find something else to discredit him with so F'it.

He's said the cut isn't easy...that's a) and b) if you look back at my other posts I say he's an amazing fighter...so how am I discrediting him exactly?

I'd favour Jones at heavyweight let alone at a catchweight.

215 is HW...you derp.

Jones is the epitome of a safe fighter now. He uses his reach and movement to perfection. Werdum would barely touch him.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/10/31/3583596/ufc-jon-jones-shead-to-heavyweight-in-2013-mma-news

Back