Jones: "To set the record straight on who is GOAT i will get a second belt. The move is inevitable"

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

"In order to put this p4p or who is the greatest conversation to rest i will have to go up and get a second belt in another weight class. I think that would really set me apart from a lot of the other guys. So the move is inevitable. Im only getting better and i have a team now that could get me to that weight class in a safe and healthy way. And im excited for when it does happen.

LHW fighters are truly the most versatile when it comes to being strong, fast and athletic. Its the most dangerous weight class in my opinion. Guys are big enough to KO you but still athletic enough to do extraordinary things. So in a way, me moving up a weight class could be easier for me because im used to much faster paced fighters "

tumblr_n5zoatIawK1s8ln91o1_500.gif

Stipe, Jon Jones haters and GSP lovers ALL TREMBLING after hearing this

kJWcHpr.gif
kJWcHpr.gif
kJWcHpr.gif
kJWcHpr.gif

Last edited:
Jones has been talking about moving up to HW for years now and he never does it.

Never will do it.

Interesting how he says "I have a good team around me NOW"

So what does that mean for previously?

What kind of message does that send to the countless folks who helped him before?

Just seems weird to speak such a way when he has been with the same camp the entire time.

Just says "different weightclass" so I hope after all this he ends up cutting weight & going down to chase Israel, because no way he's going up to heavyweight.

I am a bonafide Jones hater. He will forever be the PEDGoat and completely out of contention for GOAT imo.

With that being said I would be won over as a fight fan if he actually went to HW, got the belt and continued his dominance.

PEDs or not that would put him on a whole other level.

Let me know when it actually happens. He always talks about it and it never happens.

A few months ago I heard Jones claim he was moving up to heavyweight and he was going to stay at LHW and had no plans on going to HW within a week of eachother. On monday he'll say he's going to get that second title and on tuesday he'll say he's not big enough and he has no plans.

This has literally been going on for years now.

GOAT - Glad Opponents are Actually Tested
<JonesLaugh>

Interesting how he says "I have a good team around me NOW"

So what does that mean for previously?
USADA was not around him before , it was, but had a different role. NOW, they are his team.

So he's just waiting patiently for DC's retirement announcement before making his move to HW?

That's certainly one way to dodge the fight he's already publicly said he wouldn't take.

Mw and hw are both okay in my books. Interesting matches in both divisions..

"LHW is harder because they still have knockout power but also more agility, dexterity, and speed" -paraphrasing Jon Jones.

Quite right, Jon. I look forward to seeing him dominate HW as well as he has dominated LHW.

Don't think he has anything to prove at HW. He's already solidified as the greatest fighter in higher weight classes (205+) and it's not even close.

It's not like heavyweights are better fighters than Dom Reyes.

weve been hearing this for years and some sherdoggers are still like " but this time it true!!!!!! "

Someone discovered a new undetectable steroid.

There will always be that asterisk.
A giant planetoid sized asterisk with it's own gravitational pull,looming over everything jones ever does.

Back