Jone's road to redemption will make him MMA's great Hero

opponent

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Jon-Jones.png

Every generation of sport needs a talisman. A player/fighter who is far above the competition but also a person to inspire the masses to idea of greatness. Basketball had it's Jordan's, Boxing it's Ali's, Golf it's Wood's and finally MMA will have Jon Jones.

Ronda will always be seen as a woman in a man's sport.

McGregor loses within his next two fights.

Jone has learned from his mistakes. He has grown and realised the dangers of fame and success.

JJ is coming home.

Tell the world he's coming home.

Jon-Jones.png

Every generation of sport needs a talisman. A player/fighter who is far above the competition but also a person to inspire the masses to idea of greatness. Basketball had it's Jordan's, Boxing it's Ali's, Golf it's Wood's and finally MMA will have Jon Jones.

Ronda will always be seen as a woman in a man's sport.

McGregor loses within his next two fights.

Jone has learned from his mistakes. He has grown and realised the dangers of fame and success.

JJ is coming home.

Tell the world he's coming home.

That remains to be seen.

That remains to be seen.

That's why it's a prediction. He's not claiming to be the freaking oracle.

Ronda does seem to be transcending the "man's" sport, and even the sport itself. It probably won't propel her to Ali status, but she is well known in advocacy groups for kid's with disabilities.

I do believe that JBJ has the ability to become an all time sports legend. He's always had the desire in him to be a great person. I do not believe that he is just blowing smoke when he talks about the man he wants to be. It's just that his immaturity and gullibility has led him far from there.

He isn't a kid anymore, and it seems to most of us now that he has done too much damage to his reputation to be redeemed, but he has a lot of time ahead of him. It's very possible that he isn't near halfway through his career yet.

If he can put himself in the position to become who he wants to be, I believe that it will happen.

I don't know what makes you think he has learned anything.

If he's fake as shit again when he returns, I don't think people will have any more difficulty seeing through it than they did before.

Let's hope he really learned from his mistakes. I'm not the biggest Jones fan but i am excited to see him back in the cage

Jone is my favorite fighter.

He's never gonna shake that rep now. People hated him before all this.

He will fail again within the next few years if he comes back to the UFC. I predict another DUI.

He will fail again within the next few years if he comes back to the UFC. I predict another DUI.

I think Jon Bones could be rehabilitated but only if he stops fighting in MMA. Being the LHW champion and making a lot of money will only serve to support his drug addiction and narcissism so he won't get better.

I think Jon Bones could be rehabilitated but only if he stops fighting in MMA. Being the LHW champion and making a lot of money will only serve to support his drug addiction and narcissism so he won't get better.

I agree. Seems like he can't handle the money and fame. He should just beat some ass and enjoy his family and kids. He is 27? 28? Time to grow up a bit.

Looks like Jones was smashing up a coke brick and someone tried to take it away from him!

Put some clothes on Jon, I know you're whacked out but still! Even famous coke heads wear pants!

Jone's?????? TS, do you have any clue how to properly use the English language?

I was Jones hater until DC fight. He won me that night and proved that he's above all I this division and probably HW as well. He is great athlete that belong to that sport and I want follow his great path.
all people makes mistakes especially young and suddenly rich - he will learn from that lesson and stay unbeaten till the end of carrier.
good luck champ !

I think the only thing that would help Jones is a loss. A hard one. Something to bring him back down to Earth and keep him in reality.

I was Jones hater until DC fight. He won me that night and proved that he's above all I this division and probably HW as well. He is great athlete that belong to that sport and I want follow his great path.
all people makes mistakes especially young and suddenly rich - he will learn from that lesson and stay unbeaten till the end of carrier.
good luck champ !

MattHamill_Headshot.png

I agree. Seems like he can't handle the money and fame. He should just beat some ass and enjoy his family and kids. He is 27? 28? Time to grow up a bit.

The problem is that he can hide his problems behind the money and fame. We know he already has emotional and psychological issues but because he's a successful athlete people will forgive or gloss over those problems. He mistakes adulation and cronyism for friendship and those people only support his mindset that he's above petty concerns like addiction and felony auto accidents. He'll never fix his real problems when they can so easily be masked with money and fame.

He'll develop into an even bigger star when he does come back.

This is a blessing in disguise.

Back