Jone's road to redemption will make him MMA's great Hero

He's never gonna shake that rep now. People hated him before all this.

Exactly, the guy was hated and hardly got respect when he was chasing down robbers and clearing the division.

Even I dislike him now and I was a die hard supporter. Thanks Jon..

I don't know what makes you think he has learned anything.

If he's fake as shit again when he returns, I don't think people will have any more difficulty seeing through it than they did before.

I'm more than cool with him being whatever he wants to be outside the cage, so long as we get the same level of performance in the cage.

The problem is that he can hide his problems behind the money and fame. We know he already has emotional and psychological issues but because he's a successful athlete people will forgive or gloss over those problems. He mistakes adulation and cronyism for friendship and those people only support his mindset that he's above petty concerns like addiction and felony auto accidents. He'll never fix his real problems when they can so easily be masked with money and fame.

Sports stars sometimes are party animals, just the way it is. Babe Ruth gave no fucks, probably as bad or worse than Jon Jones.

come on Matt, u know that u didn't won that fight.

Lots of guys don't win, the other guy just loses. Jon Bones lost that fight with Hamill even if Hamill didn't win it.

Last edited:
Lots of guys don't win, the other guys just loses. Jon Bones lost that fight with Hamill even if Hamill didn't win it.

Jones is pretty much widely recognized as undefeated. At the least, he has been KO'ed 0 times, been beaten by submission, 0 times, been beaten on the judges scorecards, 0 times.

But you know this, right?

Jones is pretty much widely recognized as undefeated. At the least, he has been KO'ed 0 times, been beaten by submission, 0 times, been beaten on the judges scorecards, 0 times.

The Gus fight is the only point of contention. The Hamill fight is just for laughs.

It all depends on how he comes back. If he tries the "say your prayers, eat your vitamins, stay in school, kids!" inspirational crap, people will continue to see right through him. If he comes back humble and real, fans might start supporting him more. If he comes back with a chip on his shoulder and can back it up, I think he gets bigger than the sport.

The difference being that Ruth was openly a rogue. People like that. Jones was fake and fronting from the start, with all his self righteous 'I'm above all that' behavior and statements.

Yea I'm not really trying to compare the two, just pointing out that sports stars, writers, actors, musicians, etc. sometimes are well known for their party lifestyle and run ins with the law. Personally, I don't care if he defends his belt then goes and snorts coke off a hookers ass. It just doesn't matter to me, I want to see him fight.

I think mma fans hold grudges for unliked fighters longer than other sports fans

I'm a big jones fan and I want him to come back if he still has the desire to fight but I don't think it will be some great comeback story. Sherdog will always be yeah but for him

The official score cards from the Jones Hamill fight didn't say Hamill won? :rolleyes:

You should take that out the next time you rant about Jones being undefeated. The rest sounds good but every fight has official score cards listing the winner, how ever he or she is declared.

You may not like this post but Im just trying to help you be all the jones hugger you can be!

Lt. James gordon: ...Because he's the hero gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's on cocaine.

o)___(o

Jon-Jones.png

Every generation of sport needs a talisman. A player/fighter who is far above the competition but also a person to inspire the masses to idea of greatness. Basketball had it's Jordan's, Boxing it's Ali's, Golf it's Wood's and finally MMA will have Jon Jones.

Ronda will always be seen as a woman in a man's sport.

McGregor loses within his next two fights.

Jone has learned from his mistakes. He has grown and realised the dangers of fame and success.

JJ is coming home.

Tell the world he's coming home.

200.gif

I don't know what makes you think he has learned anything.

If he's fake as shit again when he returns, I don't think people will have any more difficulty seeing through it than they did before.

People saying he is fake, still harp on bullshit he said like 5 years ago. As Jones became the champ he was often openly arrogant and always alpha. This is a guy that didn't think twice about trying to take DC's head off when he shoved him during a stare down.. Jones ditched the "I'm a choir boy" routine some time ago..

I really enjoy watching Jone. Hope he is able to come back.

Back