Jones leaves open the idea of fighting Silva on the UFC's 20th anniversary show

Don't know if the superfight would happen but it'd be cool to see both fighters on the card. Would also be cool to see guys that are still around get in there too (Vitor, possibly Hughes)

AS v CW
JBJ v AGUS

If Anderson called out Jones or if Dana made an offer Jones would definitely go for it

You never know - that means we'll never know guys, so no, he isn't fighting him

Not that I know of, just Dana has said that he wants MMA/UFC in NY by November for their 20th anniversary + Jones is from NY so Ariel just asked him about fighting there/fighting Silva

Agreed, but in gonna be a bit disappointed if they don't do that show in Denver.

Doubt Anderson agrees to it though, he knows a GSP fight makes him twice as much money.

I'm not sure about the money aspect but Anderson has a better chance against GSP than he does Jones I think. And even if GSP was to beat him it's most likely by decision, with Jones he could have his head caved in by some vicious elbows.

Twice the money? Doubtful. No question more money though.

But more importantly he'd avoid a certain loss against Jones.

Jones has become a big enough draw that with the right marketing a Jones/Silva fight could pull in as much as Silva/GSP. Especially if this TUF does any ratings at all and Jones mauls Chael as expected.

Jones has become a big enough draw that with the right marketing a Jones/Silva fight could pull in as much as Silva/GSP. Especially if this TUF does any ratings at all and Jones mauls Chael as expected.

silva is a superstar in his home country, and is well known in America pulling decent ppv's now a days, he is pulling in money world wide. silva vs vitor did 725k, while jones fight with vitor didn't do as well.

Also the list of big name sponsors anderson has is crazy

Holeeeeee shiaatt,that's ma man Jones.looking to fight everyone.He's a real champ.

Also why would Anderson want to fight in NY?

NY has crazy taxes for independent contractors, on top of the foreigners tax anderson has to pay for fighting in the states

Why do you think Pacman and other big money fights never fight in NY?

Well,Anderson knows that if he fights Jones first and beats him there will be no interest in a GSP-Silva fight.Which is why he wants GSP first.Remember he keeps saying the time is now for a GSP superfight.

He will challenge Jones later.

I still like Anderson GSP better just cause they're two of the best ever whereas Jones is just getting started and has years to have superfights.

i agree with the first part problem is when jones is at the point in his career to pursue superfights anderson will be long retired.
so why not take a superfight instead of a BS fight in his weight class (yes i am talking about chael), then get back into his weight class.

in addition jones is already a weight class up from anderson and in the future i assume jones moves up making it less likely they can meet at a catch weight

Also why would Anderson want to fight in NY?

NY has crazy taxes for independent contractors, on top of the foreigners tax anderson has to pay for fighting in the states

Why do you think Pacman and other big money fights never fight in NY?

well cananda's highest tax bracket is 50% whereas the U.S.'s is only 34% and I don't see the UFC having a hard time finding fighters for their toronto cards....

well we can hope, would be great !!!!!!

Back