Jones leaves open the idea of fighting Silva on the UFC's 20th anniversary show

Here's what i think.

Anderson fighting GSP size wise, is equivilent to Jones fighting Anderson... therefore Anderson doesnt mind being the bigger opponent come fight night against GSP but is ducking being the smaller fighter by not wanting to fight Jones. I honestly think Anderson Silva doesnt want to fight Jones because he thinks jones presents too much danger. He wants GSP first to claim p4p #2 incase he loses to Jones... just my 2cents don't get on the edge of your seat huffing and puffing.

Doubt Anderson agrees to it though, he knows a GSP fight makes him twice as much money.

No it wouldn't, Jones is also one of "the" biggest names in the sport and the more dangerous fight for Anderson..Money would be in the same ballpark no matter who he fought GSP/Jones..

Silvs vs Jones at MSG would be epic

Yes, yes it would. But dude what the hell is up with your avatar? Change it back please!

well cananda's highest tax bracket is 50% whereas the U.S.'s is only 34% and I don't see the UFC having a hard time finding fighters for their toronto cards....

35% for independent contractors that work in ny, and that not including foreigners tax.

idk about canada, but ny has had problems getting big name boxers to fight her for years.

The fight won't male much sense after Weidman defeats Silva.

No it wouldn't, Jones is also one of "the" biggest names in the sport and the more dangerous fight for Anderson..Money would be in the same ballpark no matter who he fought GSP/Jones..

Yes, yes it would. But dude what the hell is up with your avatar? Change it back please!

silva vs gsp is a bigger money fight, and by at least 300-600k buys imo

silva vs gsp is a bigger money fight, and by at least 300-600k buys imo

I categorically disagree. The top 3 names in the sport are GSP/Jones/Silva. Any combination of those will make cheddar. Please provide support of your numbers too..

I categorically disagree. The top 3 names in the sport are GSP/Jones/Silva. Any combination of those will make cheddar. Please provide support of your numbers too..

jones vs evans was hyped for months, had a 3-4 prime time episodes. They did a crazy media tour with them going on tbs , espn, and a ton of other shows to hype the fight, and it only did 700k

silva vs sonnen 1 did 600k little to no hype for this fight because sonnen was unknown to the causal.Silva vs Vitor did 725k without any prime time show. Silva vs Sonnen 2 did 1 million buys and it only had one episode of prime time.

And we all know GSP is the ppv king.

Silva vs GSP can do 1-1.4 million ppv buys easy, its also a much bigger fight worldwide. Not only are Anderson and GSP huge in there home countries, but they have a ton of fans in the states.

jones vs evans was hyped for months, had a 3-4 prime time episodes. They did a crazy media tour with them going on tbs , espn, and a ton of other shows to hype the fight, and it only did 700k

silva vs sonnen 1 did 600k little to no hype for this fight because sonnen was unknown to the causal.Silva vs Vitor did 725k without any prime time show. Silva vs Sonnen 2 did 1 million buys and it only had one episode of prime time.

And we all know GSP is the ppv king.

Silva vs GSP can do 1-1.4 million ppv buys easy, its also a much bigger fight worldwide. Not only are Anderson and GSP huge in there home countries, but they have a ton of fans in the states.

I can agree with all of that but Silva/Sonnen 2 was a product of the first fight and needed nothing extra. What I don't agree with is that it would be that much of a difference in buys. ANything with Anderson fighting either of these guys will draw period. People tune in I think more then anything to watch for the chance that Anderson might lose and who perpetuates that more then Jones? I just think the difference in PPV buys would be marginal at best.

I can agree with all of that but Silva/Sonnen 2 was a product of the first fight and needed nothing extra. What I don't agree with is that it would be that much of a difference in buys. ANything with Anderson fighting either of these guys will draw period. People tune in I think more then anything to watch for the chance that Anderson might lose and who perpetuates that more then Jones? I just think the difference in PPV buys would be marginal at best.

how many ppv buys do you think would separate the two fights?

how many ppv buys do you think would separate the two fights?

I don't have any true numbers to draw from or support why I feel like that but it's the best of the best, everyone wants to see those two fights. I do believe that the UFC wants the GSP/Silva fight to happen first though because they figure Silva has a better chance against GSP (and Silva winning is paramount for the 2nd fight to happen) and that would set up a much bigger draw when he would fight Jones. Do it the other way around and you lose money assuming Jones wins. Just speculation on my part and I may not know what the hell I'm talking about at all.:icon_chee

Back