Jones leaves open the idea of fighting Silva on the UFC's 20th anniversary show

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
Jones calls fighting at MSG "a dream of mine." How about fighting Silva on the 20th anniv. show? "You never know."

Doubt Anderson agrees to it though, he knows a GSP fight makes him twice as much money.

Did I miss any news about NY & MMA???

Not that I know of, just Dana has said that he wants MMA/UFC in NY by November for their 20th anniversary + Jones is from NY so Ariel just asked him about fighting there/fighting Silva

That would be one of the best fights ever held in NYC. Please make it happen!

Did I miss any news about NY & MMA???

UFC has books MSG for their 20th anniversary show BUT... mma is still not legal yet in ny

basically, if they want any chance of making their 20th anniversary show there they have to book now, and they're just going to hope and pray that they can make it legal in the meantime (if not they eat their deposit)

"You never know"...

Let me translate that for newer MMA fans.

Ain't happening.

I still like Anderson GSP better just cause they're two of the best ever whereas Jones is just getting started and has years to have superfights.

Why is this even a thread?

Him saying "you never know" is really enough to make a thread about them fighting? They didn't even celebrate a 10th anniversary, why a 20th?

Why is this even a thread?

Him saying "you never know" is really enough to make a thread about them fighting? They didn't even celebrate a 10th anniversary, why a 20th?

The UFC was on pretty shaky ground in 2003.

Well its Nov 12th.....time wise and opponent availability it makes sense.

Back