• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jones is gonna destroy Ngannou

Has there been any proof of his injuries?
I've never seen someone walk, move and wrestle they way Ngannou did with a torn ACL and damaged MCL.
If there is, fair enough but it seems like everyones giving him excuses for barely winning.
it seems to me you are far too invested into your own claim he is not where everyone (reportedly his training camp, his doctor and the UFC's doctors - they all spoke against Francis fighting and yet he did).
Besides, it was reported he will have surgery... hard to have surgery on a non-existent injury...

He didn't
It takes a special person to think he lost either of those.

A lot of special people out there that saw him lose to Reyes and get lucky. No one talks about the Santos fight because it was pretty boring but he struggled to win that one too. Jon hasn't had a good performance in 4 years.

Lol, people must be forgetting Jones' last two fights if they think he has a chance against Ngannou.

Prime Jones on HW PEDs I think probably beats Ngannou. Gane won two rounds easily by using movement and superior striking and I don’t see why we would see a similar outcome for Jones. He also has great wrestling and technique, so he’s not going to lose by LNP against Ngannou.

Ngannou only wins by KO though it’s not an unlikely outcome, but Jones has more tools to get the win.

The biggest question is how far Out of his mental prime Jones is. The guy that fought Santos and lost to Reyes, isn’t the guy that beat DC and demolished Gus. We obviously also don’t know how he’d perform as a HW - will he lose most of his speed, will he gain KO power, will he no longer have a gas tank? There are many questions, but I’d be very surprised if he does not perform great at HW though perhaps not on the level of a champion.

March Jones up with either Miocic or Volkov if he wins for an interim belt, then hopefully the UFC gives Ngannou what he wants so we get to see most likely Volkov or Jones challenge for the belt.

A lot of special people out there that saw him lose to Reyes and get lucky. No one talks about the Santos fight because it was pretty boring but he struggled to win that one too. Jon hasn't had a good performance in 4 years.
Average iq is 100. Half are lower than that.
Iq of 100 is about what you would expect out of a high school graduate.
Yes. There are a lot of special people.
Especially when we are talking about things that most people here have never done.

The amount of retardation of Jones fans here is expected when you look at Jonas as a character.

it seems to me you are far too invested into your own claim he is not where everyone (reportedly his training camp, his doctor and the UFC's doctors - they all spoke against Francis fighting and yet he did).
Besides, it was reported he will have surgery... hard to have surgery on a non-existent injury...
What makes you think I'm invested at all?
I just asked a simple question.

I think Jones has the edge. I think Gane would be a far worst match up for Jones. Ngannou is gonna lose a decision.

I'd say an issue relative to Gane though is that Jones depends quite a lot on pure reach for his defence at LHW, Francis will be able to land on him from a range he was safe to be at vs Cormier. Does Jones have the same kind of defence/timing that Gane does from that position? my feeling is he doesnt.

Really though I don't think Jones wants to fight Francis, thats why he backed out last year and why he's making noises now Francis might be out of the UFC or at least on the shelf for along time.

Last edited:
I hope this fight will happen, but Bones cannot stay out of trouble unfortunately, so i don't see it happening

I'd say an issue relative to Gane though is that Jones depends quite a lot on pure reach for his defence at LHW, Francis will be able to land on him from a range he was safe to be at vs Cormier. Does Jones have the same kind of defence/timing that Gane does from that position? my feeling is he doesnt.

Really though I don't think Jones wants to fight Francis, thats why he backed out last year and why he's making noises now Francis might be out of the UFC or at least on the shelf for along time.
Exactly. He would have to change up his whole style and basically become a wrestler. He loses his distance management at hw because his length is not unusual for the division, he has no power deterrent, and he's going to be a lot slower at 250.

Jones becoming a wrestler at hw has a couple problems for him. Instead of pure wrestling, he's always relied on clinch wrestling where he can use his leverage and strength (at lhw) to get his opponents to the ground. That's not going to work on someone like Blaydes, who is a better, stronger wrestler already, or Stipe, or someone like Ngannou who has very good defensive wrestlting, or anyone who is big, strong and resistant to being thrown down in the clinch (see lhw Dominick Reyes for example) and that describes most fighters at hw.

Secondly, Jones wrestling has been MIA for some time anyway. I think that's because he either has a lot of wear and tear on his joints, or is concerned about his gas tank and he hasn't had the benefit of steroids for his last couple fights. In any case, when he has resorted to grappling, it hasn't been very effective--and that's at lhw. I don't see how it gets any better against much bigger, stronger guys.

I don't see him having much success, if any at hw. When you examine it a little closer than your average fan boy, the advantages he needs just aren't there for him

Do you hear jones calling anyone out?

No so moot point.

Exactly. He would have to change up his whole style and basically become a wrestler. He loses his distance management at hw because his length is not unusual for the division, he has no power deterrent, and he's going to be a lot slower at 250.

Jones becoming a wrestler at hw has a couple problems for him. Instead of pure wrestling, he's always relied on clinch wrestling where he can use his leverage and strength (at lhw) to get his opponents to the ground. That's not going to work on someone like Blaydes, who is a better, stronger wrestler already, or Stipe, or someone like Ngannou who has very good defensive wrestlting, or anyone who is big, strong and resistant to being thrown down in the clinch (see lhw Dominick Reyes for example) and that describes most fighters at hw.

Secondly, Jones wrestling has been MIA for some time anyway. I think that's because he either has a lot of wear and tear on his joints, or is concerned about his gas tank and he hasn't had the benefit of steroids for his last couple fights. In any case, when he has resorted to grappling, it hasn't been very effective--and that's at lhw. I don't see how it gets any better against much bigger, stronger guys.

I don't see him having much success, if any at hw. When you examine it a little closer than your average fan boy, the advantages he needs just aren't there for him

I think its partly because Jones was very focused on beating Cormier for so many years that his training was setup to both exploit reach and focus on anti wrestling.

That said of course I wouldnt totally rule him out, I do think Francis is still fundamentally quite a flakey fighter both cardio wise and mentally and Jones is just the opposite.

Last edited:
I do think Jones is capable of implemeting Gane's first two round plans for five rounds.
Tap and run, specially with them oblique kicks.

Jones's fight IQ is miles above Gane's.

What makes you think I'm invested at all?
I just asked a simple question.
asking a question that has been answered just shows you are committed not to listen to the answer.

it could go either way with these 2. JJ would probably play it safe and win by decision. That or he gets ktfo.

jon will whine and bitch for more money to fight francis for at least 6 months, then if the fight is made, jon will pop USADA positive for banned substances.
DC will jump from the commentary booth to save the card, and wrestle fight francis straight off the couch.

Back