Jones Has Been Unimpressive for A While. Let's Stop Pretending He's A Killer.

Epicman1324

PED Test = DQ from GOAT discussions
@Green
Reaction score
TL;DR: Jon Jones is nowhere near as good as people make him out to be anymore and if he wasn't Jon Jones nobody would talk him up like he's a world beater anymore.

Come on. Talk all you want about Jones' prime because he was a monster, but his prime has been clearly OVER for at least 5 years. When was the last time you watched Jon Jones fight and say "Oh my god, this dude is amazing and nobody is on his level" like you did when he wrecked Shogun or choked out Machida? It certainly wasn't recently. His last finish without testing positive for PEDs (DC 2 and Gus 2 off a Picogram don't count) was against a washed MW in Chael Sonnen in 2013 for crying out loud. He needed to juice twice, likely thrice to beat a fat manlet. Since 2015, he looked remarkably unimpressive vs a gatekeeper in OSP, popped for roids against DC, beat an older, shopworn Gus after testing positive and getting an entire event moved, beat .500 fighter and overachiever Anthony Smith (likely his best performance in the past 3 years) scraped past a MW with a bum knee, and a high school baseball player built like a swimmer. While I think he won those fights barely, I'm not sure if he gets the nod if he's not JBJ. He's a boring pointfighter who can barely win decisions against dudes who literally get wrecked in their next fight or 2. Jones is not a world beater anymore, he will get wrecked at HW, and he's not P4P top 5 anymore, nor has he been for half of a decade.

jonjonescrybaby_zpsfcd691de.gif

There is a reason Israel moved up when Jan was the 205 champ and not Jones

If Jon Jones isn't a killer.
Every single person in the ufc is a scrub.
Live in the real world please.
You sound like a woman.

Another guy gifted decisions only so he could maintain his undefeated record and $tar $tatu$!

TL;DR: Jon Jones is nowhere near as good as people make him out to be anymore and if he wasn't Jon Jones nobody would talk him up like he's a world beater anymore.

Come on. Talk all you want about Jones' prime because he was a monster, but his prime has been clearly OVER for at least 5 years. When was the last time you watched Jon Jones fight and say "Oh my god, this dude is amazing and nobody is on his level" like you did when he wrecked Shogun or choked out Machida? It certainly wasn't recently. His last finish without testing positive for PEDs (DC 2 and Gus 2 off a Picogram don't count) was against a washed MW in Chael Sonnen in 2013 for crying out loud. He needed to juice twice, likely thrice to beat a fat manlet. Since 2015, he looked remarkably unimpressive vs a gatekeeper in OSP, popped for roids against DC, beat an older, shopworn Gus after testing positive and getting an entire event moved, beat .500 fighter and overachiever Anthony Smith (likely his best performance in the past 3 years) scraped past a MW with a bum knee, and a high school baseball player built like a swimmer. While I think he won those fights barely, I'm not sure if he gets the nod if he's not JBJ. He's a boring pointfighter who can barely win decisions against dudes who literally get wrecked in their next fight or 2. Jones is not a world beater anymore, he will get wrecked at HW, and he's not P4P top 5 anymore, nor has he been for half of a decade.
jones had traces of m3 for the smith and santos fights as well. it's not performance enhancing......gus wasn't a violation.

if your premise is that jones has looked beatable his last 2 fights, sure. you don't have to add alot of extra bullshit in there.

If Jon Jones isn't a killer.
Every single person in the ufc is a scrub.
Live in the real world please.
You sound like a woman.
Jones has been scraping by in fights for years. 2011 Jones wrecks 2016-2021 Jones within 3 minutes by whatever he chooses.

He already had his chance to fight either of these guys. He ran.. boycott that fuck until he tweets after the fight at least.

I think it's because hes implementing less grappling and striking more, and the size and skill gap has caught with him at LHW. I think he could still go on a tear at HW, but he is definetly not as dominant as before.

It is odd that people talk about him like it's 2011 Jon. More recently he wins controversial decisions, and doesn't seem to have the wrestling he used to have. Never had much power. Has looked average since that OSP fight. I think he's gonna get mauled at hw.

Back