Jones getting tagged and akwardly turning his head?

WellThoughtName

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Now that we finally see Jones get tagged over and over is it weird to anyone else how he reacts? He doesn't really circle out or do any lateral movements but instead stays stationary and turns his head away. I kept thinking if Gus would have kept throwing he may have caught Jones doing this. Its weird to see because he kept doing it over and over every time he got hit.

Did anyone else notice this?

well gus is the first person to really land much on him so maybe he just isnt used to getting hit

He was using his lead shoulder to defend, which is what you're supposed to do.

Gus should have been a bit more aggressive after landing shots. He just let Jones get away with everything. He let him win rounds via 'octagon control.'

well gus is the first person to really land much on him so maybe he just isnt used to getting hit

That's what im saying that we never really seen how he reacts to getting hit but now we have and it looks awkward. Not on the level of Brock getting hit but you can tell he doesn't react well to getting hit. Not that anyone would but I cant help but think standing there and turning your head is ripe for a follow up kick or something. Also this cant be the first time he gets hit in practice. Unless he is getting what people call the "Overeem training". Meaning he trains as the alpha and doesnt really get put in bad spots in training. Which is understandable with how good jones is.

I noticed how Gus literally ran away from Jones whenever a clinch was coming.

i7amSSPkYGJep.gif

He was using his lead shoulder to defend, which is what you're supposed to do.

I know you use your shoulder to defend but are you supposed to stand stationary every time you get hit? Turning your head in a fight just leads to getting punched without seeing it coming. Its wasn't a calculated turn it was more of a I got tagged and don't wanna get tagged again.

The guy spars on a regular basis with Andrei Arlovski, who regardless of his chin is probably a beast in terms of boxing sparring. He probably wants to stay close to the opponent so he can return fire with kicks and try to roll/deflect punches.

i7amSSPkYGJep.gif

LOL!!! After Jones kept shooting desperate takedowns who could blame him.

Are you really gonna make me find the Rampage gif? Jones was getting tagged and started shooting for Takedowns which he gots stuffed on something like 10 of them. Don't even get me started on him trying to kick Gus's knee out for the beginning of the fight.

i7amSSPkYGJep.gif

I am a Jones fan but that is called avoiding a takedown, what else did you expect Gus to do? Just stand there and let Jones take him down and land vicious elbows?

I know you use your shoulder to defend but are you supposed to stand stationary every time you get hit? Turning your head in a fight just leads to getting punched without seeing it coming. Its wasn't a calculated turn it was more of a I got tagged and don't wanna get tagged again.

Well, he wasn't standing stationary, he was circling to his right.
And plenty of people stand stationary to counter
floyd-Mayweather.jb4.jpg

LOL!!! After Jones kept shooting desperate takedowns who could blame him.

Are you really gonna make me find the Rampage gif? Jones was getting tagged and started shooting for Takedowns which he gots stuffed on something like 10 of them. Don't even get me started on him trying to kick Gus's knee out for the beginning of the fight.

That's my point when Jones did it with Rampage people plastered it all over the board saying Jones was scared. Gus does it in an even more extreme fashion and barely a word.

i7amSSPkYGJep.gif

He didnt always run to escape the clinch. He had good breaks and slipped away
Not like Bones never ran away in a cage before either LOL

10.gif

I am a Jones fan but that is called avoiding a takedown, what else did you expect Gus to do? Just stand there and let Jones take him down and land vicious elbows?

I agree with you, there is just always bias when Jones did it with Rampage to get out the way of a punch he got called every name in the book.

Back