Jones getting tagged and akwardly turning his head?

He didnt always run to escape the clinch. He had good breaks and slipped away
Not like Bones never ran away in a cage before either LOL

10.gif

hahahaha I was waiting for someone to post this GIF

Yeah, his (boxing)defense needs a lot of work.

Looked awkward, slow, shit head movement.

I noticed how Gus literally ran away from Jones whenever a clinch was coming.

i7amSSPkYGJep.gif

Gus actually engaged the clinch for the most part, but if he couldn't get the takedown he'd separate so jones wouldn't get a chance to take him down or land a nasty elbow.

Gus actually engaged the clinch for the most part, but if he couldn't get the takedown he'd separate so jones wouldn't get a chance to take him down or land a nasty elbow.

Couldn't really find much gifs but heres a vid with an instance im talking about.

http://youtu.be/IfPf6haU-Yw

Its at 20 seconds or so. Jones gets tagged and puts his hands up/turns his head in an akward way.

Gus should have been a bit more aggressive after landing shots. He just let Jones get away with everything. He let him win rounds via 'octagon control.'

There were times Jones got hit and almost just stood there stunned and I was screaming at the TV for Gus to jump on him and he backed off and reset. If he had thrown just a few combinations here and there at those points he wins. Before anyone says anything, not screaming because I'm a hater just got excited by an underdog making a real fight of it.

I can see this fight boosting Gus's confidence if he gets an immediate rematch and see him throwing more.

I noticed how Gus literally ran away from Jones whenever a clinch was coming.

i7amSSPkYGJep.gif

Well if your knee is clear that's proper defense for a single leg.. Turning out and clearing your ankle/foot.

Jon has terrible reactions to incoming punches. He gets away with it against shorter fighters because he can just extend his lead hand and turn away. It didn't work out so well against someone with similar range.
Jon RELIES on his reach advantage. He likes to say its not a big deal and its not the main reason he is successful but it is. Props to him for landing the clutch spinning elbow but if you take away his reach and add that on top of his short falls in boxing he will run into issues on his feet.

Now that we finally see Jones get tagged over and over is it weird to anyone else how he reacts? He doesn't really circle out or do any lateral movements but instead stays stationary and turns his head away. I kept thinking if Gus would have kept throwing he may have caught Jones doing this. Its weird to see because he kept doing it over and over every time he got hit.

Did anyone else notice this?

Its called rolling with the punches, ever heard of it?

Yeah, his (boxing)defense needs a lot of work.

Looked awkward, slow, shit head movement.

I've kinda felt this way since the last few fights, but Im no expert and wasn't sure if it was just my anti-Bones bias talking.

Seems like for the most part his lack of boxing defense didn't matter too much since no one could get him to play that game, until...

Well if your knee is clear that's proper defense for a single leg.. Turning out and clearing your ankle/foot.

Jon has terrible reactions to incoming punches. He gets away with it against shorter fighters because he can just extend his lead hand and turn away. It didn't work out so well against someone with similar range.
Jon RELIES on his reach advantage. He likes to say its not a big deal and its not the main reason he is successful but it is. Props to him for landing the clutch spinning elbow but if you take away his reach and add that on top of his short falls in boxing he will run into issues on his feet.

Lol you do know what the word clutch means right?

When Jones got hit I did think to myself, he's unsure what to do, when Gus was jabbing him he looked like a rabbit in head lights.

I've kinda felt this way since the last few fights, but Im no expert and wasn't sure if it was just my anti-Bones bias talking.

Seems like for the most part his lack of boxing defense didn't matter too much since no one could get him to play that game, until...

nope, not bias. it's a flaw that his trainers need to fix.

also needs to better develop his jab.

Do you fuckers even read the other posts before responding? I now what rolling with the punches is but I'm talking about what he does after he gets hit. Not during the exchange. He's not maywearther and he's not rolling with the punch and firing back. Hes getting tagged and then standing there with his head turned. I swear, Sherdog has to be the biggest community that just responds without ever reading anything.

God forbid somebody actually has to read and grasp what someone is talking about.

Now that we finally see Jones get tagged over and over is it weird to anyone else how he reacts? He doesn't really circle out or do any lateral movements but instead stays stationary and turns his head away. I kept thinking if Gus would have kept throwing he may have caught Jones doing this. Its weird to see because he kept doing it over and over every time he got hit.

Did anyone else notice this?
Yeah, I noticed this as well. His head movement is quite bad. He's always been relying on his ability to keep distance due to his superior reach that I don't think he practice a lot of head movement. It looks quite stiff when he does it.

TS, I understand what your saying. Jones is getting better at rolling with the punches but he still does not understand how to roll, move out of the way, then counter. It's something I noticed as well. His footwork, defense and counters still have a ways to go and he would have never learned anything about that if he didn't fight someone like Gus. Gus was the best thing for Jones at this time in his career.

Yeah I thought Gus was being to cautious and a couple times he had jones against the fence and it seemed like he could have kept throwing.

Well that was some shitty rolling. Jones' got busted up.

(FYI, Jones wan't rolling with punches at all. Silva rolls with punches, Jones got hit then moved awkwardly.)

Back