Jones First Professional Fight "Unsportsmanlike" and "Cocky"

rubberlegjim

White Belt
Reaction score
Posting this in case no one has seen it.

OoYt5yl.png

iu3alouyuuZx.gif

[YT]watch?v=QDujwY7grnM[/YT]

In Jones first professional fight vs. Brad Bernard Jones as part of Full Force Untamed throws a kick to the body of a downed opponent after the finish.

The commentators observe "Jones was kind of a sore sport her, he needs to learn some cage etiquette... John Jones says his favorite fighter is Anderson Silva. He exhibited some Silva-like traits in the brief minutes we saw him tonight... but definitely not sportsmanship here tonight... I think his cocky behavior, he should leave that outside the ring".

I am a big fan of Jones as a fighter. And no one is perfect. But I was surprised that the sort of behavior we have seen from Jones in subsequent fights in the UFC doesn't seem to be unprecedented.

Anyone seen anything similar in his previous fights?

Edit - Gif courtesy of Loiosh

Last edited:
um, what did he do wrong?

its his personality bro. You havent figured itout? Hes everything a young champion in his 20's usually are. Brash/Young/cocky/

But he has a Suit of sorts he puts on his personality when in the public eye(most people do) Jones just cant mask his to save his life everyone sees though the BS.

Embrace the dark side Young jon

461006354.jpg

But no one will watch the actual video lol.

I've seen it already, I remember the one announcer moaning about sportsmanship.

Sounded like the guy who lost was his brother or something.

What a butthurt commentator. That throw from Jones was beautiful.

I don't even like Jones and he didn't really do anything wrong...the guy was face down and he kicked him, but the ref hadn't stepped in and stopped it yet. Was it necessary? No, but it wasn't after he was waved off or anything. I think the most comical part was when the commentator said the guy hurting himself was the only reason Jones won.

I don't even like Jones and he didn't really do anything wrong...the guy was face down and he kicked him, but the ref hadn't stepped in and stopped it yet. Was it necessary? No, but it wasn't after he was waved off or anything. I think the most comical part was when the commentator said the guy hurting himself was the only reason Jones won.

What a butthurt commentator. That throw from Jones was beautiful.

Not a Jones fan even, but come on. Dude didn't do anything wrong there at all. He kicked him to the body, the ref hadn't stopped the fight yet.

Yeah does anyone know the story behind the commentators?

They must have known the guy or trained with him or something. Since its a local show it'd make sense

meh, i thought it was worse and i was prepared to bash him to death

but really, not much at all. you can nitpick it but, eh

you can say that lyoto wouldnt have done that, but w/e

Everyone can tell he's a douche bag lol. Even just listening to the guy talk for 10 seconds.

Posting this in case no one has seen it.

OoYt5yl.png

[YT]watch?v=QDujwY7grnM[/YT]

In Jones first professional fight vs. Brad Bernard Jones as part of Full Force Untamed throws a kick to the body of a downed opponent after the finish.

The commentators observe "Jones was kind of a sore sport her, he needs to learn some cage etiquette... John Jones says his favorite fighter is Anderson Silva. He exhibited some Silva-like traits in the brief minutes we saw him tonight... but definitely not sportsmanship here tonight... I think his cocky behavior, he should leave that outside the ring".

I am a big fan of Jones as a fighter. And no one is perfect. But I was surprised that the sort of behavior we have seen from Jones in subsequent fights in thee UFC doesn't seem to be unprecedented.

Anyone seen anything similar in his previous fights?

Sonnen is disrespectful not Jones so go and make a thread about him, You are no fan of Jones just a troll hater.

I've seen it already, I remember the one announcer moaning about sportsmanship.

Sounded like the guy who lost was his brother or something.

Sounds like the announcers confused mma with boxing and thought Jones should have stopped as soon as the guy went down. Instead of after the ref stepped in.

Back