Jones First Professional Fight "Unsportsmanlike" and "Cocky"

Of all things Jones has done or has been purported to do...this is by far the tamest. Hell...he didn't even do anything wrong.

Retarded commentators more than anything else. And I've never liked JJ's behavior. This was nothing, really.

Awesome job by JJ, thanks for sharing.

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

I read the first few comments and I began thinking of this as I scrolled down right before I got to your post lol. Well done.

threw a punch after the finish? the fight was still going, he's not supposed stop hitting a guy that turtles. I guess you think he did something wrong because that terrible announcer runs his mouth too much

In the OP not suggesting Jones did anything wrong. Just relaying the opinion of the commentators. Whether or not the kick was appropriate or not it was at least controversial. As is some of his most recent fight related behavior, i.e. dropping Machida and walking away, celebrating early after handling Cormier. Not reprehensible but not a very high level of professionalism.

Again, I am a huge fan of Jones the "fighter". What he does in the cage is unbelievable.

This is old news one. Also, Jones did nothing illegal.

The kick was perfectly legal, are they seriously butt hurt that he raised his hand after the suplex? If I pulled that move off in a fight I'd probably started creaming my pants.

what a joke, Jones raises his hand the referee does nothing the announcers get upset about early celebration than he finally kicks the guy when he's down and the referee stops it. Than they complain he hit him late? and say the guy hurt himself? and the referee has the balls to talk to Jones when he stopped the fight late, if anything Jones was the only professional that night.

How awesome would it be to say you got knocked out by Jon Jones for $200

its his personality bro. You havent figured itout? Hes everything a young champion in his 20's usually are. Brash/Young/cocky/

But he has a Suit of sorts he puts on his personality when in the public eye(most people do) Jones just cant mask his to save his life everyone sees though the BS.

Embrace the dark side Young jon

461006354.jpg

almost agree with everything but the age thing. he's 27 now not a baby.. he's only 3 years younger than weidman one of the most humble respectful modern champions. like you said its his personality.

Even with my disdain for Bones, I have a hard time calling this anything more than a young guy getting his first win and not really knowing what to do afterwards (he almost just walks out of the cage). He definitely didn't do anything wrong in the fight.

I also noticed his opponent listed @ 210 lbs, so maybe he was a little upset about the other guy missing weight for his debut. So he didn't hug the guy afterwards, so what?

I turned speakers down for the video so the commentators wouldn't taint my view.

I don't like Jones... But he did nothing wrong in this fight

Nothing to see here. The commentators must have been sherdoggers.

almost agree with everything but the age thing. he's 27 now not a baby.. he's only 3 years younger than weidman one of the most humble respectful modern champions. like you said its his personality.

What was excusable 3 or 4 years ago when he was 23 or 24, is really getting more and more annoying.
At 27 and a half he is no more some unexperienced crazy young guy

What was excusable 3 or 4 years ago when he was 23 or 24, is really getting more and more annoying.
At 27 and a half he is no more some unexperienced crazy young guy

I think the standard is higher too for someone who is the face of the sport. Jones is the sport right now in many respects. It is bigger than him. I hope his time in rehab gives him a new perspective. Incredible fighter.

Back