Jones First Professional Fight "Unsportsmanlike" and "Cocky"

Why don't you all get it that the Jon you've been seeing in public up until 182 was the UFC maybe Jones management too failed attempt to create the alter boy mma star.

The Jones coming out now was the one he should've ran with from jump! You're a fighter fight fans really don't care if you're good guy, they care if you can win them money and kick ass and do you have a cool Tshirt they can rock.

I'm not a Jones fan but those commentators were ridiculous. I didn't see anything disrespectful. The kick was legal, and all he did was throw his arms up like many, many fighters do in victory.

Jones is the only champ ive ever seen with Zero redeeming personal qualities.

Typically every champ has at least one thing that is likable about them. Jones, personality wise, is behind 99% of normal people.

I heard Jones once took all the good crayons during coloring when he was in kindergarten. I love how acts all humble but really he stole the crayons.

It was a professional fight. His first professional fight. Engaging but disanalogousness.

It was a professional fight. His first professional fight. Engaging but disanalogousness.

Just another example of the c@ckiness to support your thread.

I also heard one time in training he yelled "In your face!" after tapping somebody. So unprofessional and c@cky... It just gets the jimmies all twisted up nice and tight just hearing about it, right?

Throwing up his arm is cocky? When Vera did it in the Thiago Silva fight after he kicked his leg out from under him, it looked cocky because Vera was still standing and Thiago was grounded. There's one example of that looking cocky. But here, Jon was on the ground with the guy and looked excited that he hit it. He also could've been throwing his arm up to psych up the crowd because he just gave them something exciting to watch. It could've been cockiness but that's really nitpicking. He was jumping up and down with excitement when he got the finish so I think it's safe to say that he might've been a little pumped up in the first place.

25krk87.jpg

hahahahahahhaha What a bunch of shit. There's nothing wrong/illegal/cocky that Jones did in that fight.

Lol, the announcers were his first haters!

I love it

He kicked him in the body before the ref stopped the fight what the fuck? You are just trying to pick shit out now to hate the guy. Thanks for the video though I never saw it very impressive first fight for Bones Jones.

Bitch-ass commentators. Im not really a fan of JJ but its pathetic to critisize him for beeing real and show his excitement. I think all these guys that are doing these fake humble, no emotions bullshit are much more despicable.

Classic Jon Jones hate thread that failed pretty hard.

pretty sure body kicks to a grounded opponent are legal - watch James Irvin v Hector Ramirez (may have Hector's name wrong but you'll find it) or Johnny Bedford v Louis Gaudinot - Bedford was brutal in that fight

I think he kept hitting his opponent until the ref told him to stop, something like that.

yeah I don't really see anything out of place there either. another jones hating thread.

Posting this in case no one has seen it.

OoYt5yl.png

iu3alouyuuZx.gif

[YT]watch?v=QDujwY7grnM[/YT]

In Jones first professional fight vs. Brad Bernard Jones as part of Full Force Untamed throws a kick to the body of a downed opponent after the finish.

The commentators observe "Jones was kind of a sore sport her, he needs to learn some cage etiquette... John Jones says his favorite fighter is Anderson Silva. He exhibited some Silva-like traits in the brief minutes we saw him tonight... but definitely not sportsmanship here tonight... I think his cocky behavior, he should leave that outside the ring".

I am a big fan of Jones as a fighter. And no one is perfect. But I was surprised that the sort of behavior we have seen from Jones in subsequent fights in the UFC doesn't seem to be unprecedented.

Anyone seen anything similar in his previous fights?

Edit - Gif courtesy of Loiosh

There was nothing wrong with that. I saw this way back and I still think the commentators were being crybabies. They don't understand what slow motion does to footage because they act like it was a calculated thing or something. And the guy wilted, he didn't get KO'd or dropped so for all Jones knew, he had more fight in him. This was nothing like Rampage wailing on Wanderlei after their third fight.

Back