Jones' fans obvious fear of the Gus rematch..

Gus definitely put a fear in Jones.
JOnes wish Gus have shorter reach and length LOL.

I am a Jones fan and i think Jones can beat Gus 2 and Cormier, but Gus being teh harder match for Jones.

Cormier stand 0% chance against Jones.
5'10" and 72" reach = akak no chance against Jones

Gus on the other hand, 6'5" and 81, 82 or was it 83" reach in one of his interview about his reach?

Jones beat Gus lol. Gus almost got finished...the 3rd round gus won was really close. 2nd round was clearly Jon's round( i don't get how you would score it for Gus, jon was the only one striking in that round and gus didn't do anything) There's only a rematch because it was close. I'm not a Jones fan but I would have a lot of confidence in him beating Gus, not sure about DC though.

Literally no Jones fan is scared of Gus or DC.

Because Jones is going to wreck them both.

WAR JONES!

First of all, I think it's even more weird and pathetic how Gustafsson fans try and act like Jones is scared or some shit when HE ALREADY BEAT HIM ONCE. They'll fight again and Gustafsson will probably lose again.

Yeah this is how I see it. I'm not even a Jones fan, but I think it's funny how Gus fans are so sure he's going to win his second match against Jones. In the first place, Gus was gifted a title shot because he was injured and had to pull out of his fight against Mousassi. Then Gus lost a close fight to Jones and yet so many people are convinced he's going to kill Jones in the rematch.

Reminds me of the BJ Penn fans after he lost to Frankie the first time. What made them so convinced he would beat Frankie in Penn/Edgar 2?

I was just reading an article online by a psychologist saying online trolls are psychopaths and sadists. Kill any cats lately, TS?

man, for someone who is registered since 2005 this is a pretty weak troll attempt. maybe you just frustrated about the development on this board and don't bother about quality anymore. Since Jones almost finished Gus in the last fight, I am pretty sure he will get the job done this time.

Gus definitely put a fear in Jones.
JOnes wish Gus have shorter reach and length LOL.

I am a Jones fan and i think Jones can beat Gus 2 and Cormier, but Gus being teh harder match for Jones.

Cormier stand 0% chance against Jones.
5'10" and 72" reach = akak no chance against Jones

Gus on the other hand, 6'5" and 81, 82 or was it 83" reach in one of his interview about his reach?

The weird discrediting of JON JONES by JON JONES fans ladies and gentlemen.

It is almost as if DC stomping JJ would actually do JJ a service. Because then it wouldn't be about reach but be about who is the better fighter... therefore proving JJ was the better fighter for the majority of his career rather than the longer reach guy for the majority of his career as it stands currently.

Its funny, because I remember Jon Jones coming out determined in every round. I remember him knocking the fuck out of Gus way worse than Gus did to him. I remember Jon rising up to his potential to show that hes a real champion. I remember Gus mentally folding in the late 4th and 5th rounds. I remember Gus damn near running away from Jon Jones after every exchange, desperately trying to wear out the clock. I remember Jon putting his arms up in victory after the 5th bell, and Gus looking down at the ground while walking away in defeat with his hands on his hips.
^^ THIS. Great post !

BINGO, NAILED IT ! :D

I'm not a fan if Jones and yes Gus hurt bones probably the first time in his career but Jones clearly won the fight and now has experienced what Gus has to offer I think he would beat Gus more easily this time round especially being from team Jackson .
also to note I really don't like bones he is one of my most disliked,fighters but I respect his abilities

Yeah that's why he's taking his time with signing the paper.

Yeah, because being in the middle of negotiating a new contract has nothing to do with it. We all know Dana and the UFC would never stoop to trying to make any of their fighters look bad during contract negotiations.

Is weird and pathetic.

...and I kind of like Jones, but I think a fighter's fans tend to emulate some of the best and worst characterists of the fighters themselves, so if Jones is risk averse, then his fans are running like pussies at the threat of any challenge. (Not all his fans, of course, even BJ Penn has some fans that AREN'T delusional)

I think Jones is still a slight favorite over both DC and Gus, but that is WAYY too close for some people, and the brick shitting is thunderous.

Jones's fan don't think he can win both fights, if they did, they wouldn't be bitching like teenage girls. The weird thing is, they REALLY, REALLY don't want him to lose to Gus, but are somewaht OK with losing to DC. I find this a little odd, but whatever.

The funny thing is that it is so fucking obvious, but they're all acting like there is some sort of matchmaking conspiracy working against DC and Jones, and they're all ready to collectivley piss their panties if Gus gets the title.

Sir, you are generalizing way too much on this topic. How would you even know the the thoughts and feelings of all Jones fans?

Personally I think Jones can win both fights...so your use of the words " Jones's fans don't think he can win both fights" is already a stretch.

Gus back pedaled more than anyone I have ever seen in a title fight.

Gus got Jones to the ground and did not know what to do once he got there.

Gus did not attempt one submission at any point.

Gus was the only one to almost get finished by strikes yet he was said to be the better striker.

All of this after Jones hurt his foot in round one.

Gus will be exposed big time in the rematch.

Gus is the delusional "people's champion".

It amazes me how Gus fans act like JJ was rocked, on the verge of being knocked out. They seem to remember Jon Jones being on the verge of death, crying before each round was started.

Its funny, because I remember Jon Jones coming out determined in every round. I remember him knocking the fuck out of Gus way worse than Gus did to him. I remember Jon rising up to his potential to show that hes a real champion. I remember Gus mentally folding in the late 4th and 5th rounds. I remember Gus damn near running away from Jon Jones after every exchange, desperately trying to wear out the clock. I remember Jon putting his arms up in victory after the 5th bell, and Gus looking down at the ground while walking away in defeat with his hands on his hips.

Both men went through hell that fight. But you people are so fucking dumb. Jon already has proven that when it came down to will and tenacity, he rose above Gus. HE BROKE GUS in that fight, not the other way around. Gus and his fans talk a huge game because they all know Gus is completely irrelevant if not for having Jones to talk shit about.

The guy lost. He......Lost. let. it. go. Jon slips a punch which ends up cutting him by shear luck, and people want to pretend that he had the dogshit beat out of him lol. No, one slipped punch did 75% of the damage to his face

/ end rant

I really don't care too much about who wins the rematch, just want to see a fight as good as the first one. But damn, would it be incredibly satisfying if JJ won dominantly and all you Gus fans/JJ haters gave it a rest finally

thats correct :icon_chee

Great post. Being a Jones fan, I cannot wait for the rematch to happen. Jones will shut them up this time around.

I'm a fan and eagerly awaiting what kind of show he puts on against both Gustafsson and DC.

This is not about Bones and his fans fearing losing to Gus or DC. Frankly, it is cool Bones finally has someone to push him. This is about Dana using the media and en the Jones haters to pressure him into signing an unfavorable contract. This is not the first time that Dana has pulled this. Dana loves his fighters as long as they play ball. Things always seem to get messy during negotiations. The same thing happen to Tito and Randy. Dana plays favorites and likes to stack the deck against fighters who check him.

Yeaaah, this thread is just bad all over. Maybe if you posted it like, pre-Glover it would have had a chance.

Jones / Gus 2 is happening. There aren't many people, fan or not, clamoring for the fight to not happen. They aren't scared... I don't understand how -we- could be scared of the rematch? I like Jones because he does something new pretty much every fight, and every fight he's been in has been entertaining. He puts on a show. Can he lose to Gus? Absolutely. But I want to see the fight. Everyone wants to see the fight. What is there to be scared of? A good fight? Seeing the third fight if Gus wins? (because, he'll most likely get an instant rematch - that or we get something like Jones/Johnson and Gus/DC, which is also a great set of fights...)

You should feel a little bad for this post. :/ Not one of your best.

Back