• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jones entering Fedor territory with 8 year winning streak

Well some of us have higher standards lol

It's 7'2" 500 lbs diabeetus vs. Jon Jones or bust!

Put it this way... his fights against people he has a huge reach advantage have been a foregone conclusion for the most part. The one fight that he fought a person of the same size it was an awesome battle.

What would you rather see? Him coast to decisions with poke and teeps or see him in a firefight? I'd rather watch the Jones-Gus fight over the Jones-OSP fight anyday of the week.

Jones isn't undefeated no matter how many times you cry about it

Anyone paying attention considers him undefeated. Same way people considered Fedor undefeated when he really had 1 in the loss column. Instead of undefeated would it make you feel better if I say Jones has 0 losses by KO, 0 losses by submission, and 0 losses by decision?

Lol at the sad clowns trying to shit on JBJ in here.

I love Fedor too, he's the fucking greatest ever, and I admit, Jones will never have the mystique that Fedor did; Fedor will always hold a higher place in MMA history for me, but Jones is the fucking best. If you don't admit that, you're like some kind of hate-blinded retard lol

Put it this way... his fights against people he has a huge reach advantage have been a foregone conclusion for the most part. The one fight that he fought a person of the same size it was an awesome battle.

What would you rather see? Him coast to decisions with poke and teeps or see him in a firefight? I'd rather watch the Jones-Gus fight over the Jones-OSP fight anyday of the week.

This all day

Fedor-Emelianenko-vs.-Hong-Man-Choi.jpg

If Jonny never fights at HW he will not transcend divisional goat status. So far he ain't nowhere near TEH GOAT status.

There is pretty much a consensus that the 4 greatest of all time are Fedor, GSP, Silva, and Bones. I would say he already got somewhere "neat TEH GOAT" status simply by making it to the table of 4.

Gary Goodridge is more dangerous than Sonnen and Lindland was just a better version of Sonnen.
You highly underestimate Lord Chael, he had three 10-8 rounds against Anderson Silva in one fight.

If GSP wins his next fight, do the 3 years he was retired still count?

There is pretty much a consensus that the 4 greatest of all time are Fedor, GSP, Silva, and Bones. I would say he already got somewhere "neat TEH GOAT" status simply by making it to the table of 4.

It's 5, not 4. You forgot Aldo. Let's not argue semantics. Jonny cuts weight because he doesn't want to face guys his size or bigger. Until he does that successfully he will stay divisional goat. For now TEH GOAT status belongs to the fat bald guy from the motherland. Cheers.

How is Jones bigger than Aleks? That's crazy that he cuts to lhw.

Actually, Jones is not a big cutter. Its done by percentage of body weight and a normal cut for a UFC fighter that cuts is around 10%. The upper end of the cut spectrum is around 14-15% which is getting into the danger zone and that would be someone like Barao, or Conor McGregor, both of which look like concentration camp victims on the day of weigh in. Jones cuts a modest amount, maybe 8%, maybe even less. He is not known for cutting weight.

Jones isn't and hasnt, been champ in quite a while champ.

he couldn't even stop his own drug habits or stop breaking the law long enough to be a reigning champ.

That may be so but Jon Jones is 10-0 in title fights. 10-0 son.

Lol at the sad clowns trying to shit on JBJ in here.

I love Fedor too, he's the fucking greatest ever, and I admit, Jones will never have the mystique that Fedor did; Fedor will always hold a higher place in MMA history for me, but Jones is the fucking best. If you don't admit that, you're like some kind of hate-blinded retard lol
Jones wont even fight in his natural weight division.

If you don't admit that, you're like some kind of hate-blinded retard lol

This all day

Fedor-Emelianenko-vs.-Hong-Man-Choi.jpg

Oh.... so you're one of the tards that think a fighter shoudn't take an easy New Years Eve pay check. He fought Sylvia and Arlovski within the next year.... so I guess he's not actually ducking top comp tho.

It's 5, not 4. You forgot Aldo. Let's not argue semantics. Jonny cuts weight because he doesn't want to face guys his size or bigger. Until he does that successfully he will stay divisional goat. For now TEH GOAT status belongs to the fat bald guy from the motherland. Cheers.

I've rarely heard anyone put Aldo at the table with the other 4.

While he fights midgets like Conor did at FW.

Say whatever you like, Jones will go down as one of the greatest of all time whether you like it or not. His resume reads like an MMA Fairy Tale. Youngest champion in UFC history. He defeated 5 former champions.....consecutively. 22-1 but with 0 losses by way of KO, Submission, or Decision. He is currently 10-0 in title fights. You guys can try to lessen what he has accomplished but its too late.

Jones will never match Fedor. Fedor destroyed a who's who of heavyweight killers during the golden age of Pride. Jones would have been smashed by that line up. Jones will likely be knocked out at lhw before he ever gets to heavyweight.

Fedor got knocked out by a natural middleweight

Fedor got knocked out by a natural middleweight
The guy that Hendo ko'd was not prime Fedor. I think we can all agree that Decision Dan Hendo would have been besmirched in Pride by Fedor.

Back