• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jones entering Fedor territory with 8 year winning streak

Why you guys so emotional? Yes I get it nobody likes jones. I don't like him either, but his steak has been legendary imo
Ya i love me some jon jones steak too brother
BUcGcz3CIAAWMWv.jpg

We're gonna have to wait 10 years and see if Jones sucks ass like Fedor does.

Everyone loves to talk about Fedor's decade long streak of dominance when he fought a variety of Legends and cans. Jones has now been in 23 mma bouts and undefeated ( Hammil dq) and since 2011 has fought best in world and been mostly dominate. If he wins against Cormier and I do believe it's a big if, I think he has to be recognized as rivaling Fedors streak and probably past Anderson's

Reason being he would have beaten Cormier twice who has not lost to anyone and been an incredible force

Not even close.
Jones cuts a heap of weight and makes everyone else look like midgets.
Meanwhile he's too afraid to take even one fight at a weight class where he should be fighting naturally.

If Jonny never fights at HW he will not transcend divisional goat status. So far he ain't nowhere near TEH GOAT status.

6 and a half year unbeaten streak put hespeck on Hamill's name.
Now that this meme is out of the way...

And yes, Jones is a legit reigning champion. Wish he fought more often.

What does Conor have to do with Jon Jones not wanting to fight at HW?

He said Bones is afraid to fight at hw.
There's not very many champions who move up like that. Connor, Anderson, couture. Why would bones get hate for something that is so rare?

Jones is better than Fedor. More dominant, against better average opponents. Jones would never do what Fedor has done in his last eight fights.

Now that this meme is out of the way...

And yes, Jones is a legit reigning champion. Wish he fought more often.
He needs to stop driving while high and running over pregnant women first.

Jones is better than Fedor. More dominant, against better average opponents. Jones would never do what Fedor has done in his last eight fights.

Fedor finished fights and didn't need to eye poke. Do you actually watch mma.

Gary Goodridge is more dangerous than Sonnen and Lindland was just a better version of Sonnen.
I like watching Lindland. The Vitor and Lawler ko's were epic. I don't think Chael is that good at being ko'd.

He said Bones is afraid to fight at hw.
There's not very many champions who move up like that. Connor, Anderson, couture. Why would bones get hate for something that is so rare?

Mainly because of the GOAT debate. They have similar dominant runs but Fedor did his in the more dangerous division his entire career while Jones, despite being a larger man, has said he wants no part of the HW division.

From his own personal standpoint, Jones is probably making the smart, safe move. While still tons of risk, there is far less of it at LHW than HW, which means his streak has a better chance of continuing on. He could possibly move to HW and smash everyone there as well, but its certainly not the safer route.

But taking the safe route hurts him in the GOAT debate because Fedor never took the safe route. He was a LHW that fought at openweight his entire career and he engaged his opponents in the places they were the most comfortable. He was the very definition of fearlessness.

He won't be in Fedor territory until he fights someone who weights twice as much as he does and not ranked.

I'm sick of the disrespect Hamill gets. He beat Jones fair and square. Give him his due.

Back