Jones cant be taken seriously as a HW. Can anyone see any way he beats someone like Overeem?

Someone like Overeem would snap him like a twig, and Jon dont have the power to put him away.

In fairness, Jones at LHW has never relied on power to put people away. That's not his game.

Jones could probably beat every fighter who ever stepped inside the Octagon. TS is moron.

Sure, that's why he starves himself to avoid them and be the champion of the less prestigious division.

Gtfoh.
205 is his natural weight class. I never said he'd be the best heavyweight but he would crush overeem and most HWs. Cain and Stipe would give him troubles but that's about it.

205 is his natural weight class. I never said he'd be the best heavyweight but he would crush overeem and most HWs. Cain and Stipe would give him troubles but that's about it.
No, he cuts weight, and he certainly avoids HW for good reason.

As for Overeem, he only seems to lose to the big hitters. Jones cant punch his way out of a wet paper bag, he's a volume striker that uses his reach against much smaller 205's. Overeem might be his absolute worst matchup, but I dont see Jones beating anyone in the top 5.

Of course he cuts weight. Everyone cuts weight if they can. His natural fighting weight is 205. You do realize there's more to fighting than striking I assume. He would take overeem down and elbow his face off if he chose.

No, he cuts weight, and he certainly avoids HW for good reason.

As for Overeem, he only seems to lose to the big hitters. Jones cant punch his way out of a wet paper bag, he's a volume striker that uses his reach against much smaller 205's. Overeem might be his absolute worst matchup, but I dont see Jones beating anyone in the top 5.
Of course he cuts weight. Everyone cuts weight if they can. His natural fighting weight is 205. You do realize there's more to fighting than striking I assume. He would takeovereem down and elbow his face off if he chose.

If Jones works out the rust he's sure to have at this point, he manhandled anyone at HW. He may not knock Overeem out, but he takes him down and elbows him till the ref pulls him off.

People on here are ridiculous. The Jon Jones that was stripped, when he was at the top of his game... That dude was the single most universally gifted fighter we've ever seen in the octagon. He was one of the most physically perfect for his style.

Are we seriously entertaining the argument that if he bulks up, and doesn't have to dehydrate or limit himself in any physical capacity he'd do worse in a weaker division? A HW Jon Jones is probably a nightmare.

Until JJ fights at HW i cant take him seriously as a HW.
Someone like Overeem would snap him like a twig, and Jon dont have the power to put him away.

Thats the reality of Jones at HW. So many of his advantages are neutralised. Even people like Hunt and Rogers, hit hard enough and are used to being hit hard enough, that it wont help Jon as much as he needs it to, that hes a better all round fighter.
How does jones beat reem? Spam front kicks. Hate to say it but reems defense is AWFUL. You should have picked a different HW

Jones would do well at HW, but he'd have some really bad days, too.

Cain-Velasquez-3.jpg

It would be like how Browne wrecked Reem but faster

Who in hell knows what JJ would look like at HW?

I do think it's pretty funny, though, that some Sherdoggers seem to believe HW Jon Jones would be the same sort of beast as LHW Jon Jones.

Reem is the perfect example for you to have used since, you know, he did fight at LHW for a period in his career. How do you figure the LHW version of Reem would do against Bones at LHW?

Now reverse that and maybe you'll get a picture of why sensible people think it's pretty possible that a HW JJ is one scary dude who could quite possibly be good enough to be the umpteenth fighter to kick Reem's ass.

So sensible people think that if Jones does a massive amount of PEDs for a few years...he may become a relevant HW?

Well, Jones seems to think so too.

USADA wasn't happy though

If Jones works out the rust he's sure to have at this point, he manhandled anyone at HW. He may not knock Overeem out, but he takes him down and elbows him till the ref pulls him off.

People on here are ridiculous. The Jon Jones that was stripped, when he was at the top of his game... That dude was the single most universally gifted fighter we've ever seen in the octagon. He was one of the most physically perfect for his style.

Are we seriously entertaining the argument that if he bulks up, and doesn't have to dehydrate or limit himself in any physical capacity he'd do worse in a weaker division? A HW Jon Jones is probably a nightmare.

Why do you think it would be so easy for him to takedown all these HWs?

He landed 1 takedown in 11 attempts against Gus.

He has a reach advantage over every fighter on the roster, of any weight.
Only Stefan Struve matches his reach.

I think guys like Cain, JDS, and Stipe are terrible matchups for Jones, as they all would find a way inside.

Jds and maybe Stipe but Cain? lol Jones would literally have no trouble against him. Cain is so flat footed and slow, he would get wreck by Jones reach all day. Jones also have a better gas tank than Cain and is better in the clinch.

You know Jones weighs in at 230 all muscle right now? That Overeem is not Ubereem anymore? That Jones wrestling and reach gives me an advantage over an elephant. JOnes picked up Cormier who won the Strikeforce HW tournament, full of killers. Jones won't show up in a heavyweight match 205, Jones will be 240 pounds deadlifting semi trucks.

Don't take one off night like the Gus fight which was a war and a tough style matchup and use it against him. Like every HW can do what Gus did now. It's fighting you can do that to everybody eventually but that's not how it works. Jones underestimated Gus. I see a rematch not going the same way. But who knows now with all this time off.

Back