Jones cant be taken seriously as a HW. Can anyone see any way he beats someone like Overeem?

seiger

Posting from a UK no-go zone in Northern Ireland
Banned
Reaction score
Until JJ fights at HW i cant take him seriously as a HW.
Someone like Overeem would snap him like a twig, and Jon dont have the power to put him away.

Thats the reality of Jones at HW. So many of his advantages are neutralised. Even people like Hunt and Rogers, hit hard enough and are used to being hit hard enough, that it wont help Jon as much as he needs it to, that hes a better all round fighter.

I agree. Anyone who is 6'4 plus and significantly heavier will be a tough match.

I won't bet agains't Jones. He might be bad at everything but fight and dancing.

When Gustafsson does this to you:

images

Last thing you'll want to do is move up and fight guys like Overeem or Miocic who are bigger and even better strikers.

Jones needs his size reach and leverage to win. He will keep avoing HW.

Last edited:
Jones would run right through the heavy weights unabated. Wouldn't be fair.

Someone like Overeem would snap him like a twig, and Jon dont have the power to put him away.

Thats the reality of Jones at HW. So many of his advantages are neutralised. Even people like Hunt and Rogers, hit hard enough and are used to being hit hard enough, that it wont help Jon as much as he needs it to, that hes a better all round fighter.
The post under yours when I clicked this was titled "right elbow double left knee" and I'd agree with that. An elbow, a knee, a gust of wind... anything that touches Overeem's chin has a good chance of taking him out.

He COULD beat the current Reem but it wouldnt be easy for him.

I dont see Jones bullying Reem in the clinch and I dont see him exchaning punches with success either.

But Jones is tough and creative and also has great endurance and could take the Reem to deep waters and beat him then.

The Ubereem that was juiced up and geared up would have bludgeoned any version of Jones. It was just a horrible match up for him. Way too much size, power and skill.

Jones had his way with a undefeated HW

Actually DC was a LHW when he fought Jones and he never fought the best HW's, just a couple of top ranked ones.

TRT Bigfoot that smashed your boy not good enough?

10001970.gif

You're making and ambiguous question.

Good enough for what? To prove Cormier was a top HW? Sure. To prove Cormier was the best HW? Not by any means.

Like I said, DC fought good top ranked HW's but he never fought the best.

Jon Jones' win over Cormier proves nothing for Jones at HW. Sorry but MMAth doesn't work.

He has a reach advantage over every fighter on the roster, of any weight.
Only Stefan Struve matches his reach.

I think guys like Cain, JDS, and Stipe are terrible matchups for Jones, as they all would find a way inside.

I know he has a bigger reach, but it' not nearly as significant as the guys he's been fightingg at LHW.

Overeem's reach is 80 in
Miocic's reach is 80 in

Shogun's reach is 76 in
Rashad's is 75 in
Rampage's is 73 in
Machida 74 in

etc.

Gustafsson has a 79 in reach, and we all saw what happened.

Last edited:

Who in hell knows what JJ would look like at HW?

I do think it's pretty funny, though, that some Sherdoggers seem to believe HW Jon Jones would be the same sort of beast as LHW Jon Jones.

Reem is the perfect example for you to have used since, you know, he did fight at LHW for a period in his career. How do you figure the LHW version of Reem would do against Bones at LHW?

Now reverse that and maybe you'll get a picture of why sensible people think it's pretty possible that a HW JJ is one scary dude who could quite possibly be good enough to be the umpteenth fighter to kick Reem's ass.

I'm not a Jon fan, but I think he'd smash Overeem

How could anybody take him seriously as a heavyweight when he's never even fought at heavyweight?

When Gustafsson does this to you:

images

Last thing you'll want to do is move up and fight guys like Overeem or Miocic who are bigger and even better strikers.

Jones needs his size reach and leverage to win. He will keep avoing HW.

He has a reach advantage over every fighter on the roster, of any weight.
Only Stefan Struve matches his reach.

I think guys like Cain, JDS, and Stipe are terrible matchups for Jones, as they all would find a way inside.

DC was a top 5 HW and Jones made him his bitch so MMA math says Jones would also be a top 5 HW

Back