Jones cant be taken seriously as a HW. Can anyone see any way he beats someone like Overeem?

Stipe knocks that fool out. He best stay where he has the physical advantages. Or he will get the fuck kicked out of him.

He COULD beat the current Reem but it wouldnt be easy for him.

I dont see Jones bullying Reem in the clinch and I dont see him exchaning punches with success either.

But Jones is tough and creative and also has great endurance and could take the Reem to deep waters and beat him then.

The Ubereem that was juiced up and geared up would have bludgeoned any version of Jones. It was just a horrible match up for him. Way too much size, power and skill.
Agreed. I always noted Ubereem as Jones' worst stylistic matchup - almost the same reach, and devastating in the clinch. Jones is great in the clinch but clinching with Ubereem is NOT where you want to be.

Also his weakness is power hitters, and Jones has no little power.

Current Ubereem though is beatable. It would be tough for Jones, but I could see Jones getting a TD on Calcureem. It was hard to see him taking down, or holding down if he took him down, the monster that was Ubereem.

I should note that rumors say it was current Reem who injured Jones in training by taking him down. For whatever that's worth.

Jones got sent to the hospital by a guy who lost to old man Shogun.

When Gustafsson does this to you:

images

Last thing you'll want to do is move up and fight guys like Overeem or Miocic who are bigger and even better strikers.

Jones needs his size reach and leverage to win. He will keep avoing HW.

JDS is another fight I can be devistating for Jones,
Velasquez obviously but that goes without saying

Who in hell knows what JJ would look like at HW?

I do think it's pretty funny, though, that some Sherdoggers seem to believe HW Jon Jones would be the same sort of beast as LHW Jon Jones.

Reem is the perfect example for you to have used since, you know, he did fight at LHW for a period in his career. How do you figure the LHW version of Reem would do against Bones at LHW?

Now reverse that and maybe you'll get a picture of why sensible people think it's pretty possible that a HW JJ is one scary dude who could quite possibly be good enough to be the umpteenth fighter to kick Reem's ass.
The problem is that Jones couldn't do football because he couldn't put on weight. That's why they call him "Bones"!

Also there's no guarantee heavy Jones would be *better*. He could be slower and tire faster.

HW Jones is simply unknown. Not everyone is Overeem.

Jones should stay at LHW. I'd prefer to see him at HW, but honestly he isn't one.

Overeeem was way better at lhw than jones.

Jones got sent to the hospital by a guy who lost to old man Shogun.
Who are you talking about...? Overeem? Because he lost to young Shogun, not old man Shogun.

Who lost to old Shogun but hurt Jones? Gus sent him to the hospital but he beat Shogun. That fight was closer than most remember, the first two rounds anyway, but he clearly won.

The real issues as far as I'm concerned is Jones personal behavior. If he could get away from the the partying and other stupid behavior then I think he could do a lot of damage at HW. They are always dangerous with the mass and power, but they are also slow and plodding, and less skilled. Jon Jones is an MMA genius who cancels out so much of his ability with acting stupid outside the cage. It hurts my soul to see so much of his talent wasted on acting like an idiot.

According to his interview on the powerful Joe Rogan Experience, Jones is waiting for the perfect HW to become champ to challenge for that belt, and that's his only interest at HW. So, we really can't take him seriously as a HW until he competes at that weight against a cherry picked challenge. Also, according to my spidey sense, this is a troll thread. Not sure why I'm even posting in it. Come to think of it, I got trolled into making a Sherdog account in the first place, by a high level troll of possible Swedish descent. I used to only lurk...

Jones fighting at HW is like Connor defending a title...never has happened and won't likely.

Until JJ fights at HW i cant take him seriously as a HW.
Someone like Overeem would snap him like a twig, and Jon dont have the power to put him away.

Overeem with or without Roids ?
Without Roids Overeem looked against Stipe very bad.

Jones beat a guy who won a significant HW grandprix not long before, so what the fuck are you talking about? You're out of your element donnie

How could anybody take him seriously as a heavyweight when he's never even fought at heavyweight?
Yeah. I was unaware that we were supposed to be taking him seriously as a HW. What's the point of this thread?

Back