Jone looks small for the first time in a face-off

Defending your height on the internet is like walking past a guy with a sign that says "Small Dicks are stupid" and argueing with him about it.

Just keep walking dude.

The 6'1" guy can mostly just circle, jab jab all night long. He has a path to victory.

Think about it, maybe not likely but a 6'1" 140 lb guy has a path of victory against a 5'10" 300 lb guy. On the other hand, there's no path to victory at all for a 5'8" 140 lb guy against a 6'1" 300 lb man.

IMO height > weight in fighting.
This isnt basketball, and everyone has a path to victory its called a rear naked choke

You ever trained? I don't mind being 10 lbs smaller than the other guy. But holy shit even being outreached by like 2" fucking SUCKS.

Yeah, a 50 lb weight difference blows. But the amount of difference that reach can make inside of 1 weight class is way more than any possible weight advantage you can have.

In a WW fight, would I rather be 6'1" and 170 lbs, or 5'8" 190 cutting to 170 lbs? 6'1" 170 lbs every single time.
You should really evaluate your training then its almost impossible for me to notice a slight reach advantage thats because one times step negates about 12 inches of reach.
Weather thats timing your opponents step, or working on your own footwork, timing negates all reach, if you notice 2 inches of reach soo much your not using any footwork or timing, someone whos shorter than you with great footwork can make if seem like hes that longer man, holloway did it his whole career people swear hes soo lanky despite his reach only being 69 inches.

Weight is the most important because that changes the playing feild the most

Jones might be a hair shorter/smaller but that reach is what hurts people. Plus he uses leverage better than any fighter I’ve ever seen. The guy tosses around Olympic wrestlers and knows how to hold them down. As much as I’m not a jones fan it’s something crazy to see

Bones new vegan diet, came in light this fight, looks like he cut some reach as well. Hopefully his weight and reach is replenished come fight time.

I'm talking about real life though. I'd rather be 6'1" 140 than 5'10" 300 fat or 5'8" 200 ripped.
If you'd rather be 6'1 140 that 5'8 200 your priorities are fucked.

I think the floor is uneven because even Dana looks abnormally tall next to him.

Yeah in a picture by himself, the jacked short guy looks better. In real life though, the jacked short guy just looks stubby next to the tall skinny guy though. Especially with clothes on. I'd rather be the 6'1" 140 guy any day.

Lanklet detected

Reyes might have wider legs.. but damn his legs are short as fuck.

His torso/legs size ratio is hilarious.

And yes.. Jones is more muscular and ripped than Reyes.

Take a look again at the bellybutton of both fighters, in regards to the location to the waistband.

He’s also standing about a foot closer to the camera in the photo.
But reality wouldn’t make for a good thread now would it.

Stats are stats bro, just because you personally have a heard time getting past someone's reach doesn't mean that applies to everyone. Only 54% of the time is the person with longer reach victoriious.

Not to mention, wrestlers/grapplers don't have these problems at all and weight is everything for them.

most MMA guys dont even understand distance and how to Control … it is super rare here.

trust me buddeh … that shit alone will Change alot.

If push came to shove, I'd rather be 6'1" 140 than some jacked manlet. Right now I'm a fat manlet though.

Anyone smaller than Shaq O'Neil is a manlet, and of course everyone on Sherdog is at least that size. And +200 IQ. And worth billions. And super good looking.

I'm talking about real life though. I'd rather be 6'1" 140 than 5'10" 300 fat or 5'8" 200 ripped.
I would rather be 5'8" 200 and ripped than 6'1" 140 if I had to stay at those weights. neither would be ideal though. 6'1" 200 and ripped would be about perfect.

Back