Jone looks small for the first time in a face-off

You ever trained? I don't mind being 10 lbs smaller than the other guy. But holy shit even being outreached by like 2" fucking SUCKS.

Yeah, a 50 lb weight difference blows. But the amount of difference that reach can make inside of 1 weight class is way more than any possible weight advantage you can have.

In a WW fight, would I rather be 6'1" and 170 lbs, or 5'8" 190 cutting to 170 lbs? 6'1" 170 lbs every single time.

Stats are stats bro, just because you personally have a heard time getting past someone's reach doesn't mean that applies to everyone. Only 54% of the time is the person with longer reach victoriious.

Not to mention, wrestlers/grapplers don't have these problems at all and weight is everything for them.

You ever trained? I don't mind being 10 lbs smaller than the other guy. But holy shit even being outreached by like 2" fucking SUCKS.

Yeah, a 50 lb weight difference blows. But the amount of difference that reach can make inside of 1 weight class is way more than any possible weight advantage you can have.

In a WW fight, would I rather be 6'1" and 170 lbs, or 5'8" 190 cutting to 170 lbs? 6'1" 170 lbs every single time.
I'm 5'7" and ~230 pounds with a 5'10" wingspan and I've been training for a little under 5 years now. Maybe it's different in lower weight classes? All I know is, I'd much rather fight the 6'2" 190 pound guy over the 5'10" 250 pound guy in my gym.

If Conor fought Roy Nelson, Conor would have the reach advantage.

Lol yeah yeah another sherdog thing, according to SHERDOG IF YOU ARE TALLER YOU ARE BIGGER!!!

It’s actually who is the thicker man overall. There are plenty of 145 ers at 6’1 yet mark hunt is 5’10. You think a 6’1 featherweight is bigger than mark hunt? Lol that’s retarded.

ONLY ON SHERDOG

You might have some sort of point if he only looked taller than Jones but he doesn't, he looks like he's just bigger.

You might have some sort of point if he only looked taller than Jones but he doesn't, he looks like he's just bigger.

Honestly I didn’t even look that closely... lol seemed about the same size with Jones being leaner and slightly more muscle mass while Dominick is taller.

Honestly I didn’t even look that closely... lol seemed about the same size with Jones being leaner and slightly more muscle mass while Dominick is taller.

Unless that stage isn't level Dominick is clearly bigger, he's not as close to the camera and his body takes up more space in the image.

I know size is only part of it, but damn. New test for Bones?
View attachment 724195

How the hell does he look smaller?
This is the video, not a lousy photo
Wider back than Reyes
Wider core than Reyes
Same hand size
Reyes has a bigger trap and bigger legs

9ddaf524c23f476e814eacba3f123ed6.jpg

Here he looked quite small too

Pulse pals.

I guess we will see on fight night.

I'm hoping it's a good fight, Dominick has tools that Jones has had trouble with before, he's got good hands and he's a big LHW. Will be interesting to see how the grappling exchanges go in the first 1-2 rounds.

Why are these guys scared of fighting at HW I'll never understand... You are 6'4, 240, yet cut to 205.
Like what are you afraid of, really?? Aren't fighters supposed to be fearless and look forward to challenge themselves?

They want the easiest money they can get.

Reyes has a bigger trap and bigger legs
Reyes might have wider legs.. but damn his legs are short as fuck.

His torso/legs size ratio is hilarious.

And yes.. Jones is more muscular and ripped than Reyes.

I have that same build just at 5'10" that should help him a lot in terms of leverage and having the lower center of gravity in the clinch and for TDD.

I'm hoping it's a good fight, Dominick has tools that Jones has had trouble with before, he's got good hands and he's a big LHW. Will be interesting to see how the grappling exchanges go in the first 1-2 rounds.

Yeah I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if Reyes beats him.... really depends on the Jon that shows up. Dominick is actually a tough match up for Jones, comes from a wrestling background, great footwork, long and rangy and good hands. It reminds me of the Gustafson matchup to be honest.

Agree
I don't know if that's helpful or not, having such a torso/leg ratio.
I guess a guy wish shorter big legs has more balance on his feet?! I don't know
Also, with that long torso you would believe he would have a much better reach.

Lobov isn't built the same? Long torso for his height and short legs.
068_Ryan_Hall_vs_Artem_Lobov.0.0.jpg

looks ~ 10 lbs. lighter and softer than he did against DC. Pulsing is dimming.
20150102050509_5D3_3852.JPG

Back