Jon Jones would never stand a chance at HW.

He also could stand to lose some body fat. "Easily make heavyweight" means there is no doubt he could do it, but he'd have to take the proper steps. He has a fairly small frame for a heavyweight. I don't doubt that he could make LHW if he were to get significantly leaner and commit to cutting weight like most fighters.

Do you ever stop and think about body types? Cain Velasquez works out harder than any of us and still has a pudgy frame, he's just built that way. Look at Daniel Cormier at LHW, is he as chiseled as Ryan Bader?

Cain could easily make LHW?

You're entire post turned into shit the moment you said that.

This.

I never get when people say Cain could make 205, he's a legit thick dude

You dont magically gain knockout power with the extra weight, you either have or you dont. Also you saying Jones weighing 240 would beat anyone at HW like its a given. Gaining the extra weight properly is the key and you have no idea if it would be functional either, anyone seen how he looks when he puts on weight? Totally unhealthy looking. It will take some time to put it on properly and the biggest factor is bulking up doesnt mean he will match some of the power house heavy weights strength for strength. There is a big difference in someone just getting to that size and somebody that has been there their entire life. Perfect example would be Frank Mir trying to bulk up and match the strength of some of the bigger heavy weights

It

Browne would destroy jones? I just can't take that seriously lol.

I am not sure how a Browne-jones fight would go but didn't Jones himself say that browne beat him up in sparring when they were training together?

lol @ someone saying Jones would hellbow Hunt.

Hunt took the most vicious GnP from Big Foot under mount position and survived.

Whens the last time Jones finished anyone with elbows, whens the last he finished anyone ever?

Hunt would be on his ass against Jones.

I don

Do you ever stop and think about body types? Cain Velasquez works out harder than any of us and still has a pudgy frame, he's just built that way. Look at Daniel Cormier at LHW, is he as chiseled as Ryan Bader?

You aren't "built" with fat. You are stuck with your skeleton, but you can be more/less muscular and have less fat with diet and exercise. Why do you think virtually everyone below heavyweight is so lean? Smaller guys just have no fat according to their body type? No, they follow strict diets. Cormier is still a little pudgy because he just now started cutting down to that weight and he never wanted to commit to doing so in the first place so he is doing the bare minimum to get down to weight. If he wants to improve he can still lean up some more and I wouldn't be too surprised if he does over the course of his career at LHW if it lasts very long.

The reason Cain is pudgy, again, is not down to his frame. If you wanted to say he was naturally that way, it would be down to metabolism, not frame, first of all. He is the way he is because of, again, diet and exercise, or more specifically, the lack of the former. There is an advantage to being able to eat all that you want and that is that he is able to train harder, longer, in many cases. His body is constantly in a "fed" state, meaning he is always meeting his caloric needs with his diet. If he were dieting to lean up, he would lose the fat but he would also have a bit more difficulty mustering energy because he would be relying on fat stores (thus losing body fat) to meet the caloric needs he wasn't meeting solely through his diet anymore. Once he got lean, he would have to balance his caloric intake with his energy expenditures perfectly and that can be difficult to pull off. As it stands, he enjoys the freedom to eat whatever he wants and have no worries about making weight. If he were bigger, like Brock or something, he'd have to be more concerned. But the fact remains that he could definitely change his body fat percentage if he dieted.

lol @ someone saying Jones would hellbow Hunt.

Hunt took the most vicious GnP from Big Foot under mount position and survived.

Whens the last time Jones finished anyone with elbows, whens the last he finished anyone ever?

Jon Jones smashed Brandon Vera's face. I believe he gave him three breaks, including his eye orbital with a single elbow? Also, you are forgetting about cuts. Bigfoot may be a huge guy but JJ has sharp fucking elbows that he lands very well. If hunt ended up underneath Jon Jones without enough energy to escape, it could easily lead to a doctor's stoppage.

By personal experience KO power comes from dense thick bones, everyone whom I known to have this ability have a tremendous skeleton. Jones does not, his bones are nimble and thin, yet he has a very large frame.

Muscle would definitely help him punch harder but the 10-15lbs he'd put on wouldn't be a game changer unless he packed like 40lbs.

He already weighs around 225 fight night (230lbs to 235lbs walk-around weight) , his heavyweight weight would be around 240lbs to 245lbs.

Damn, you love you some broscience.

This.

I never get when people say Cain could make 205, he's a legit thick dude

He is a chubby 240 lbs guy that doesn't cut ANY weight and eats wathever he wants.

JUst like Cormier,he could easily make 205.And again,just like Cormier he'd still be a little fat at 205 and could even make MW.

I don't understand people that say they couldn't do it(Cormier already did and Cain would do it easily too).

I walk around at 220-225 and when i don't train and eat crap i'm around and above 250 easily without even looking that fat.But i also could easily diet down to 205 only by eating less and healthier and with a weight cut i could make 185 being 6 ft 3(looking skinny Rockhold like).It's not that hard.

A 6 ft 240 lbs guy could easily make 185 with Cain's body fat percentage and frame.

By personal experience KO power comes from dense thick bones, everyone whom I known to have this ability have a tremendous skeleton. Jones does not, his bones are nimble and thin, yet he has a very large frame.

thick bones = KO power? first time I hear this :icon_conf

Maybe it

You aren't "built" with fat. You are stuck with your skeleton, but you can be more/less muscular and have less fat with diet and exercise. Why do you think virtually everyone below heavyweight is so lean? Smaller guys just have no fat according to their body type? No, they follow strict diets. Cormier is still a little pudgy because he just now started cutting down to that weight and he never wanted to commit to doing so in the first place so he is doing the bare minimum to get down to weight. If he wants to improve he can still lean up some more and I wouldn't be too surprised if he does over the course of his career at LHW if it lasts very long.

The reason Cain is pudgy, again, is not down to his frame. If you wanted to say he was naturally that way, it would be down to metabolism, not frame, first of all. He is the way he is because of, again, diet and exercise, or more specifically, the lack of the former. There is an advantage to being able to eat all that you want and that is that he is able to train harder, longer, in many cases. His body is constantly in a "fed" state, meaning he is always meeting his caloric needs with his diet. If he were dieting to lean up, he would lose the fat but he would also have a bit more difficulty mustering energy because he would be relying on fat stores (thus losing body fat) to meet the caloric needs he wasn't meeting solely through his diet anymore. Once he got lean, he would have to balance his caloric intake with his energy expenditures perfectly and that can be difficult to pull off. As it stands, he enjoys the freedom to eat whatever he wants and have no worries about making weight. If he were bigger, like Brock or something, he'd have to be more concerned. But the fact remains that he could definitely change his body fat percentage if he dieted.

I don't doubt he could change his body fat percentage, but to say he could easily make 205lbs is just plainly an overstatement.

And there is definitely guys at lower weight classes with fat on them, your metabolism defines what type of body you have and I know sure as hell not all of us are mesomorphs or ectomorphs like Luke Rockhold or Georges St-Pierre.

Back in my wrestling days I used to run 2 miles daily, lift weights, train and starve myself to make 145 and I was never able to get a full six pack, I had a four pack and a small fat pad on my lower abdomen.

I'm just built that way, it seems Cain is built similarly and to say that he can alter his metabolism quite easily to make 205lbs is ludicrous otherwise he would have done it already

JBJ would put on weight and fill out in the process I'm sure he wouldn't be the same size

Damn, you love you some broscience.

It is why I put the disclaimer, "by personal experience" I'm not a scientist by any means nor do I have irrefutable evidence, it's just what I've noticed from my sparring experience.

I don't doubt he could change his body fat percentage, but to say he could easily make 205lbs is just plainly an overstatement.

And there is definitely guys at lower weight classes with fat on them, your metabolism defines what type of body you have and I know sure as hell not all of us are mesomorphs or ectomorphs like Luke Rockhold or Georges St-Pierre.

Back in my wrestling days I used to run 2 miles daily, lift weights, train and starve myself to make 145 and I was never able to get a full six pack, I had a four pack and a small fat pad on my lower abdomen.

I'm just built that way, it seems Cain is built similarly and to say that he can alter his metabolism quite easily to make 205lbs is ludicrous otherwise he would have done it already

Why would he?He's the HW champ and his competition is 1 guy who he beat into a pulp twice.

Cormier wouldn't have done it either if Cain wasn't champ.HW is an easier division than LHW and both had succes in there.

Why would he?He's the HW champ and his competition is 1 guy who he beat into a pulp twice.

Cormier wouldn't have done it either if Cain wasn't champ.HW is an easier division than LHW and both had succes in there.

... I suggest you read when posters claim Cain belongs in LHW because he could easily make 205.

"Easily," in this context, does not mean that it is as easy as just sitting in a sauna for a few hours. I think the guy was saying that it is well within his reach should he want to do it. As in, "that guy is easily over six feet tall" or something. It is a matter of how feasible something is or how far withing the margin you are, not the difficulty involved since working out hard and dieting is never easy in the sense you are taking it.

People's bodies carry fat in different areas based on individual differences and depending on what body fat percentage they are at. Guys tend to lose the fat on their abdomen last. Some people have to get very low to lose fat on their face or neck or what have you. It can be more or less difficult to obtain a certain look based on where your fat tends to be stored. That is a separate issue than body fat percentage which is relevant to weight cutting.

Your metabolism doesn't "define" what type of body you have. It goes towards determining how much fat you store or burn at a given time, but it is only half of the equation, the other being caloric intake. If your metabolic rate is higher than your consumption, you lose fat. If Cain wanted to lose fat, he probably couldn't increase his metabolism much more, he'd have to eat less and more carefully.

edit: typos!

Last edited:
Back