Jon Jones wins Fighter of the Year

Good for Jones, but this may just be a popularity contest and its good to see the boss himself getting those awards.

You mean the champ that turned down a fight should be fighter of the year?

you-mad.jpg

I just don't understand why the fuck they just don't do Jan. 1, 2012 - Dec. 31, 2012...the awards show is 2 weeks after new year anyway why can't they just do an actual year?

Anyways the Lauzon vs Varner fight was awesome but to say Hendo vs Shogun, Chandler vs Alvarez, or Korean Zombie vs Poirer were less exciting is just absolutely ridiculous

Well if your criteria is simply most dominant, than it goes to Silva.

Bendo went from decent champ to P4P top 5. Fans now wonder who can beat Bendo, when it was previously had about a dozen potential conquerors to Bendo's throne.

I think it's about whose stock rose the most dramatically, and from that perspective, it's Bendo all day.

I would say it's either Silva or Jones.

Both decisively beat one legit contender and then dominate another lesser but still respectable opponent.

bendo. stop reverse hating and realize: no one had a bigger year. jones did what was expected, and barely that. bendo broke out and become the clear best. he deserves his moment.

Bendo should be very low on any award list. He won two controversial decisions, one of which was a clear-cut robbery, and against a much smaller opponent. It would be a fucking joke if he won Fighter of the Year.

And for all the idiots crying that some fights happened in 2011: ''The awards cover the period from Sept. 1, 2011, to Sept. 30, 2012.''

bendo. stop reverse hating and realize: no one had a bigger year. jones did what was expected, and barely that. bendo broke out and become the clear best. he deserves his moment.

Big fan of Bendo's style and personality but many still don't consider him the clear best at 155.

come back to me when he starts getting finishes, jones did in his last fight what benson couldn't do in his last 7 fights, and that was finish.

finishes > decisions

deal wit it.

The only thing Jones needs now is to speak french and he would be mister perfect

Big fan of Bendo's style and personality but many still don't consider him the clear best at 155.

with edgar gone, who else is there?

i see the struggle with pettis and cerrone or melendez... but nothing any of them has done in recent fights could warrant anyone saying they deserve to be considered the best over bendo. maybe when the dust clears, we will see. but for now i don't see any qualms at all with bendo being the best.

He is not 2012 fighter of the year

But he is under the Fighters Only retarded rules since it's Sep 2011 to Sep 2012.
That would mean Jon Jones is 4-0 during this period beating Quinton, Machida, Rashad and Vitor. Pretty sure 3 of those guys were top 5 LHW's as well

Who else had more title fights in the last year eh? Better yet: who FINISHED most of his title fights last year? The pick was right.

Aside from Sherdog being the website of the year and Pretorian being technical equipment, everything else was absolutely wrong.

How is Rogan personality of the year and why is Cesar Gracie Jiu-Jitsu the gym of the year? Add Ariel Helwani as the "journalist" of the year too.....

This is how important finishing fights is. If Bendo finished just 1 or 2 of those 3 fights, i think he should have been FOTY for sure.

He still should have been even if he didn't finish, but that's how the business goes.

I'm not really fussed, he didn't deserve it but JBJ did have 2 pretty good fights.

Back