Jon Jones wins Fighter of the Year

tumblr_masyfv6CV41qaa8d1o1_500.gif

716293715.jpg

great picture they chose, is he taking a bubble bath?

Another get reason he won, he told Dana to shove it.

Jones can't lose. Tells Dana to fuck off, gets DWI, still champ, has an easy fight lined up with huge payday, and wins 2nd fighter of the year award in a row. Everything worked out fine.

Jones can't lose. Tells Dana to fuck off, gets DWI, still champ, has an easy fight lined up with huge payday, and wins 2nd fighter of the year award in a row. Everything worked out fine.

Got a fight a month later, so he still got his money. And now is on TUF and another win coming up and more Jon Jones/TUF/Fight money.

I would have gave it to Bendo, but that descion though I don't consider a robbery, I thought Edgar won.

Nate would have won it if he beat Bendo.

GSP only fought once.

Anderson only fought twice and the second fight a joke.

Jones clowned Shad... but fought a once a HW then a LHW turned a MW who fought for the LHW title because guys in Jones division didn't want to fight him.

Outrage for Jones winning? Not really. This year was meh all around in regards to fighter of the year.

I completely disagree with this.
Bendo deserved Fighter of the Year

With a coinflip decision win, followed by an outright robbery? Yeah, he totally deserves it for basically beating Diaz.

Well Jon Jones did single handedly cancel an event. Bendo could never do that.

Jones was underwhelming compared to previous years. Even though I don't like Bendo, he deserved this!

this whole show sounds like a joke, Benson should have won FOTY, and a bunch of these fights were in 2011....

Fight of the year was Diaz / Condit.

Fighter of the year was clearly GSP.

KO of the year was Pat Barry vs drunk dude in crowd.

Sub of the year was Rogan tapping out to baldness.

2 Decisive wins > 1 Controversial win + 1 Decisive win

Well if your criteria is simply most dominant, than it goes to Silva.

Bendo went from decent champ to P4P top 5. Fans now wonder who can beat Bendo, when it was previously had about a dozen potential conquerors to Bendo's throne.

I think it's about whose stock rose the most dramatically, and from that perspective, it's Bendo all day.

Eh, there really wasn't a standout unlike in 2011.

I have no problem with it going to Bendo, Jones, Silva, or Hendricks. It went to Jones and think that's acceptable.

Really, there were stranger choices for awards at that show. If you're still wasting your energy being upset at this one then...

1.gif

Back