• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jon Jones wants Stipe next

fughting a guy a third time you dominated then crushed isn’t going to garner a lot of interest. Especially when the hw champ said “ there is no rivalry If only one guy wins”.

This isn’t making Sakuraba who had mega popularity in Japan putting him against wanderlei for the third time and even that was the first round of a tournament.

Fans are so emotional and nonsensical about jones. A third dc fight? Why? The poll where usman was voted by a huge majority to beat jones?

absolutely

further look at the disparaging comments of his opponent right here. people making excuses already.

"Stipe is washed up" "hes old", "Francis beat him."

could you imagine the reception if Jones actually fought DC a 3rd time after whipping his ass, twice??

Last edited:
absolutely

further look at the disparagung comments of his opponent right here. people making excuses already.

"Stipe is washed up" "hes old", "Francis beat him."

could you imagine the reception if Jones actually fought DC a 3rd time after whipping his ass, twice??

To be honest, Stipe is old and past his prime.

I don't know if JJ can beat Stipe, but a former LHW beating an "old" HW is still impressive in my opinion.

Jones always looks for easier fights, when stipe was on top he was scared of him, now that he lost he doesnt see him as much as a threat.

Francis would be an easier fight for Jones, but I guess he'll take what he can get.
He was offered a free TS against Ngannou last summer. Suddenly he needed at least $15M to show. So this is not a case of taking what you can get. Jones ducked Ngannou the same way he ducked Stipe during his time as champ.

But now that Stipe is clearly past his prime and this fight probably being for an interim title. He finally now seems willing to take it. Or at least that is what he says. And I bet he won’t demand $15+M to take it either.

But at this point it’s all still talk unless he signs a contract.

Idk but I'm excited as hell to see Jones fight at HW. If he clears out the division he's hands down the greatest of all time.

To be honest, Stipe is old and past his prime.

I don't know if JJ can beat Stipe, but a former LHW beating an "old" HW is still impressive in my opinion.

Pretty much everyone Jones beat is "old" and passed their prime according to Sherdog.

People cry that Shogun at 29 and champion was "old" when Jones beat him.

He cant win with his detractors.

The excuses will continue with his HW run.

Jones always looks for easier fights, when stipe was on top he was scared of him, now that he lost he doesnt see him as much as a threat.
Jones was champion for a decade and beat every contender they put in front of him.

Stipe is the #1 contender at HW with Francis out for atleast a year and his future with the UFC uncertain.

Have you followed the sport at all?

People cry that Shogun at 29 and champion was "old" when Jones beat him.

Yeah definitely not old.

I would say you can't get called old in fighting sports until 35 years old, even though you already passed your fitness peak.

Also, even if you're past prime, it doesn't excuse being destroyed, unless you're well over 40 years old.

It doesn't matter if he was past prime, he lost in less than 30 seconds...

I think Jones beats Stipe if they fight 6 months from now which is when it will be

lol if Stipe puts one paw on Jon he goes to sleep. Stay away from HW Jon, you will get hurt
You act like Jones has a glass chin. Which he doesn't.

Jones runs right through Stipe by being better in every aspect of MMA.

Jones haters ……Jones sucks now Santos and Reyes beat him

jones haters ….won’t fight guys his size

also jones Haters …..Jones is a Pussy for trying to take an easy fight against Stipe
Not me bud. I hate Jones and I'd like to see him take ANY fight at heavyweight. Real sick of his 'hey guys wanna see me do this' social media bullshit. It's time to take a fight or fuck off into Bolivian.

Jones was champion for a decade and beat every contender they put in front of him.

Stipe is the #1 contender at HW with Francis out for atleast a year and his future with the UFC uncertain.

Have you followed the sport at all?
Ive followed it longer than you most likely and ive always felt like jones is a bully who only takes fights where he is much bigger than the opponent plus on roids of course. He was very scared of stipe but now that stipe is older and has lost he feels more confident to fight him.

Ive followed it longer than you most likely and ive always felt like jones is a bully who only takes fights where he is much bigger than the opponent plus on roids of course. He was very scared of stipe but now that stipe is older and has lost he feels more confident to fight him.
You've been following the sport a while and you dont know what "weight classes" nor contenders are ?

You weren't aware he offered to fight Stipe ages ago when he was a LHW?

Dana White reveals Jon Jones really did offer to fight for heavyweight title at UFC 196

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/dana-w...-fight-for-heavyweight-title-at-ufc-196-61556

It doesnt seem like you follow the sport and like to make stories up based on your emotions.

I'd like to see Jon Jones fight anyone at HW. But Stipe would be awesome.

You've been following the sport a while and you dont know what "weight classes" nor contenders are ?

You weren't aware he offered to fight Stipe ages ago when he was a LHW?

Dana White reveals Jon Jones really did offer to fight for heavyweight title at UFC 196

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/dana-w...-fight-for-heavyweight-title-at-ufc-196-61556

It doesnt seem like you follow the sport and like to make stories up based on your emotions.
It just seems like jon is scared when an opponent seems stronger and runs away from those fights.

Back