Jon Jones turns down rematch with Alexander Gustafsson

That's right. The fight was already offered to Glover and it's only fair he should get the next chance at the title.

Exactly what Jones said and I dont see the problem. Jones said he will fight Gus right after that and take care of the issue.

Its not even hard to comprehend.

That's right. The fight was already offered to Glover and it's only fair he should get the next chance at the title.

You can bet if Jones rematched Gus the exact same people would be bitching that he's picking a rematch because he already knows he can beat him. He'd then be ducking Glover. It's so predictable.

He won. I didn't think he should have, but he won. He has no obligation to give an immediate rematch.

He took a equally as tough fight with Glover....different fighter and strengths and both can pose big problems for Jones. I think were gonna see those guys fight again regardless

I'm no jones fans but you get one shot at the champ. You lose its back in line. These automatic rematches just fuck up the lunch line

JBJ smart he got beat up preaty bad vs Gus so is going for a easy fight with
teixeira . Glover did not look that good in is last bout . is not going to go 2 round with JBJ . JBJ win by ko first or second round. :icon_evil

He took a equally as tough fight with Glover....different fighter and strengths and both can pose big problems for Jones. I think were gonna see those guys fight again regardless

Equally as tough? Jones is a horrible matchup for Glover stylistically both Gus and even Davis have much more of a chance. Seeing as I'm going to see the fight live I hope you're right though.

Also Jones promised that Gus will be his next fight so Jones is fighting Gus he's just taking an easier fight to relax a little bit after the war he was just in.

When did Jones turn down a fight with Gus? From what I read, he wants to fight Gus and shut up his critics. Glover is just the first order of business.

I hate Jones as much as the next guy but let's cut him some slack. Maybe he wants time to improve on his game before he faces Gus again, so that he can win more convincingly instead of getting in another brutal dogfight.

He's gonna have to fight Glover eventually, anyways. Might as well get it over with while working on becoming a better fighter.

If I were Jon Jones I would skip the next fight (whoever it would be), heal up and in the mean time work intensively on my boxing. Then fight somebody and then rematch with Gus.

Even thought this may seem a tad unfair to Gus, I'd like to see him fight at least two others before rematch with Jones. Gus is my second favorite fighter right now (after Machida) and I frankly just don't feel like watching him lose to Jones back to back. I really like the trajectory of his development as a more well rounded fighter and I would like to see this happen just a little while longer before facing Jones again. They are both 26, so there is no real hurry.

Lol he can't duck him, everyone knows ,rematch will happen anyway it only gives time both guys to improve, Jones better stop partying and go training ,not just ''2 months camp''( i think he just do camps like Rampage ,he is getting fat between)...

I'm new to Sherdog but did Anderson Silva had as much bashing threads as Jones?

If I remember correctly it was pretty brutal after the Maia fight.

Really? I've always thought most of the hate towards Jones is because of his physical advantage over everybody else. At least Anderson used to beat up people his own size, more or less. :cool:

I think he's avoiding Cormier - doesn't think he deserves the instant title shot or payday off of Jones name. So he fights and beats Glover, than will want to fight Gus - and the case would be made to Silva and Dana that Gus is the more deserving contender. This would mean Cormier would be basically a year away from a potential fight with Jones - and Cormier isn't getting any younger.
oh shit
Cormiers made 205???

You can bet if Jones rematched Gus the exact same people would be bitching that he's picking a rematch because he already knows he can beat him. He'd then be ducking Glover. It's so predictable.

lol!
Absolute truth!!
lol

When did Jones turn down a fight with Gus? From what I read, he wants to fight Gus and shut up his critics. Glover is just the first order of business.

Yeah, wasn't Jones supposed to shut up/silence the critics the first time around? You know, when many critics were saying that his extreme physical advantages (reach and size mostly) had A LOT to do with his LHW success? He didn't exactly shut them up, he only proved them right.

Back