Jon Jones turns down rematch with Alexander Gustafsson

I'm sure the language will be reinterpreted in whatever way needed for this to turn into yet another Jones bash thread

in paper is an easier fight, so is safe to take it, his paycheck wont change very much

In the end the UFC makes the fight they want. Have you not learned that from past fights forced on Jones.

By making people think he's ducking he's adding $$$ value to the rematch. Smart.

Middle easy just made up what happened based on ESPN's story.

Dana never said he offered Gus.

Not that it will stop the outrage.

In the words of Apollo " ain't gonna be no rematch "

So he calls it a blemish on his record and acknowledges that people think Gus won, then why did he choose to fight Glover next?

He knows it should have been an immediate rematch and says it will happen after Glover, but why the wait? Does Gus take another fight or wait until he might get a rematch? The way I see it, Jones is hoping does take another fight and loses.

Good. He beat him. No controversy other than from Jones haters who would call bullshit on any judges decision. Just bcause Gus went the distance and looked better than all previous opponents doesn't mean he won the fight or was screwed in any way. He had his chance and he lost the fight.

So he calls it a blemish on his record and acknowledges that people think Gus won, then why did he choose to fight Glover next?

He knows it should have been an immediate rematch and says it will happen after Glover, but why the wait? Does Gus take another fight or wait until he might get a rematch? The way I see it, Jones is hoping does take another fight and loses.

I think he's avoiding Cormier - doesn't think he deserves the instant title shot or payday off of Jones name. So he fights and beats Glover, than will want to fight Gus - and the case would be made to Silva and Dana that Gus is the more deserving contender. This would mean Cormier would be basically a year away from a potential fight with Jones - and Cormier isn't getting any younger.

Its made up, Jones said he wants a rematch with Gus after he fights glover who he said was the next contender.

Why do you even read the middle easy, its not worth your time.

No worries, Gus will get his rematch soon. Jones needs the time to recover anyways.

Middle easy just made up what happened based on ESPN's story.

Dana never said he offered Gus.

Not that it will stop the outrage.

Middle Easy is a shit site that is just jumping on the "I hate Jon Jones" bandwagon to get hits.

If you heard what jones said instead of conjecture, you would know why. He said Glover was next in line and after he takes care of Glover, he will fight Gus and take care of that blemish.

Its not that hard to comprehend.

Back