Jon Jones : "Silva shoud have stayed agressive" "i saw many glimpses of greatness"

he wants to see anderson dead or some shit

Personally I thought Anderson looked pretty good. Bisping was always gonna e a rough opponent for him.

Anderson is still a very good fighter. He's definitely a little slower, with a little slower reaction time and a much worse chin. He's still dangerous, but I'd rather him retire than see him get dropped again and possibly finished by whoever he fights next.

Hes not wrong. Anderson still showed signs of his old self, he just didnt make the neccessary adjustments to his game, such as the clowing around and such. He Wasted so much time goofing around, and sometimes the judges frown upon it, especially when the other guy is pushing forward.

Hes not young and quick anymore, and so he cant rely on the same old tricks.

I was certain he was going to bum rush Bisping in the 4th.. Crazy that he didn't and I get he could have had an adrenaline dump or something but no way was he spent anymore than Michael was.

Those "glimpses" that he speaks of were the moments of the fight where I actually took a brief second to just let it sink in, and grinned a huge smile and applauded Anderson for his uniqueness and ability. Too bad they were just that, glimpses. For half a second I was like "holyshit!" but then went back to anticipation of something that never came.

I love how internet articles are now quotes from someone's twitter.

Jones is probably right though, him passively backing up into the corner in round 4 probably made the difference in that really close round.

Like, those few moments when Anderson Silva starts getting all pumped up, his movement becomes faster he starts looking more confidant and moving forward throwing combinations gets me right amped up - and for a few moments it looks as if he is unstoppable even the fighter he faces gets shocked at his sudden aggresiveness and he usually is successful with his striking at these "glimpses".

If only he did more of that. Aggressive Silva is unhuman. There must be a reason that he isn't always like that though, maybe he isn't actually capable of concentrating and performing athlethically like that for too long - he does a great job masking it to seem like it comes at will though. But if he could truly fight like that all the time he'd still be on a winning streak.

We saw much less of a "full throtle" Silva this fight and one of the reasons I believe is because of his recently exposed weak chin. You can tell that he is aware of it and fights even more tentativly than normal as a result. Which isn't too terrible as he is primary a counterstriker but quite obviously his countering abilties failed him miserably this fight - in which case the only means of his success this fight is when he kicks it into offensive mode and he did not do enough of that at all.

it's true that the fact he thought fight was over after round 3 might have played against him

Anderson looked good it's just people are not giving him the respect in the cage as they were before. The only thing I see on the decline with silva thats noticeable is his chin.

anderson could have finished bisping in 30 seconds if he wanted to

he was more concerned with moving his hands like it was a rave and letting bisping hit him on the fence for 4 minutes every round

Silva definitely showed some glimpses of brilliance and that was awesome and electrifying for me. Too bad he thought that this would be enough to win.

Anderson is still a very good fighter. He's definitely a little slower, with a little slower reaction time and a much worse chin. He's still dangerous, but I'd rather him retire than see him get dropped again and possibly finished by whoever he fights next.

Summed it up beautifully for me. Gem of a post.

I totally agree with JJ (Cant believe it).
When Silva was aggressive he hurt Bisping or at least got some good shots in. Then he'd just sit back and fail at countering again.

Back