Jon Jones : "Silva shoud have stayed agressive" "i saw many glimpses of greatness"

Being more aggressive would have left Silva more open but I agree it was his best moments.

Silva definitely gave the fight away in the 4th by just standing against the fence.

I saw it in that knee, the two kicks in round 5, some of the strikes he avoided with his movement. But he doesn't have it non-stop anymore.

I don't think Silva looked as bad as some have said. It's easy to think he would have destroyed Bisping if he was still in his prime, but even years ago he had lackluster fights against Leites and Maia. He still looked pretty fast, but his chin isn't what it once was, but at the same time he did eat some shots last night and didn't appear phased.

I saw glimpses of greatness too but i also saw glimpses of mediocrity. He's clearly lost quite a bit of his game. He can still compete at a high level but I doubt hel challenge for the title again.

Anderson is still a very good fighter. He's definitely a little slower, with a little slower reaction time and a much worse chin. He's still dangerous, but I'd rather him retire than see him get dropped again and possibly finished by whoever he fights next.

Which is expected at 41 years old. About the chin, I dont think its that as much as getting hit in a pad position. Bisping connected with a left and by the time the right came Anderson had his feet planted right across from each other so a light shot would still knock him down.....it was more a matter of bad foot position and balance. Right after the knockdown the first thing he does is throw the up kick and defend, so the strikes Bisping landed didnt really phase him.

He still showed that he's a top level fighter and his defense overall was fantastic aside the knockdown. And when he moved forward he was very dangerous, which he should have done more. What lost him the fight was being to tentative and allowing Bisping to back him up and a bit of his arrogance thinking he can land those flashy shots.

I am looking forward to his next fight, its good to know Anderson can still compete at the highest level. I was a bit worried after the Diaz fight. But I think he really has to cut out or at the last hold back some of the flashy stuff and just fight. I think there are some very interesting fights for him at mw I would like to see......Mousasi, Vitor, Jacare.

Bones is a Anderson fanboy...This is what we come to expect.

I doubt he's gonna critique his fuck ups during that fight.

Anderson lost to himself.

Couldn't agree more. The premature celebration, and the arrogance he has about him has been his personal demon for some time, in my personal opinion. Don't get me wrong, he may be one of the greatest, if not the greatest ever, but I've personally felt like it's been going to his head eversince the Okami fight.

Back