Jon Jones Return. Better? Worse?

Will Jones be better or worse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jermei

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
EDIT: still relevant for DC / Jones II and I still say Jones will be a little worse.

Jon Jones is coming back after a big car accident, drug addiction and getting stripped of his UFC title.

He's now getting swole and changing things up. Maybe faster, maybe not, maybe more power, maybe less fuel in the tank..... so is Jones now better, worse or the same as before?

Last edited:
Drug addiction lol

Bones knows whose belt it is.

I voted "A little worse" but honestly that is just wishful thinking on my part.

Jones has said that he has been burned out from fighting for years now. One thing I thought that he really had going for him was when he didn't have a fight lined up, he didn't train or hang around the gym at all. It kept him healthy (physically) and he got to live and eat normally for the rest of the year. Now, he's training non-stop, bulking up and becoming just like everyone else. I think he'll burn out even quicker than before.

The time off, the DUI, the coke issues, the party lifestyle and the ring rust, I think he'll come back and look very average and unmotivated. People forget that he hasn't finished a fight since Sonnen in 2013 so it's not like he's been some world beater lately. I think he had his Mike Tyson run and now it's over. Some primes burn bright and burn out quickly.

I don't quite understand how much better he can get. All he needs to one punch KO's and the man has done everything.

Isn't he going to HW? I think he will tear it up at HW. They're all post 30 now and there aren't a ton of promising up-and-comers.

I think it is a coin flip. He could come back great or also bad and losing the fight. Imo he comes back strong as always and wins a razor thin decision.

Dudes gonna want to prove he's the best to a lot of people. He's gonna come out hungry and better.

Same as before, maybe a little better.

I think he's out for blood, for vengeance, for finishes.

He is only 28. I wouldn't go off of things Jones may or may not have said about being burnt out on fighting.

He was maybe the best fighter to ever step into the cage talent wise and he was not even taking his training seriously. With focus and an obsession with strength and conditioning added to his talent I think he comes back and tears thru every person he fights.

Since Jones / DC 1 I'd say Jones is slightly worse off due to recovery and rehab and DC has only gotten better by fighting/beating Rumble and Gus.

I expect JJ/DC 2 to be closer with DC winning either by decision or tko.

worse for me unless he gets brutally ko'ed:p

He's going to suplex Cormier in half and will then try to snort his intestines.

He will be much better. He basically never trained before and look what he did. Now he's posting vids of him working his ass off everyday.

Back