Jon Jones Return. Better? Worse?

Will Jones be better or worse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jones with hunger again?

LHW is going to get cleaned out for good.

I made a similar thread like a month ago (but asking about his performance against Cormier in the second fight), and everyone said Jon Jones comeback much better than before and to me thats hard to believe.

He was doing just TOO good before, when he become champion and defended all those times, to me that was the prime Jon Jones.

He now has bulked and is training more, but is hard to believe (to me at least), he can become something better. (bulking is just slowing down and draining cardio imo, punching power is someting you born with)

IF HE CAN DO IT (become even better)... to me, he gonna be without a doubt the best ever (for some years, until Conor McGregor becomes tri champion defeating Robbie Lawler)

No clue.

Not everyone reacts the same to bulking up, life adversity, long layoffs, getting a record etc.

But that wasnt an option.

I think he's going to come back notably better and he seems more motivated. Whether you like him or not, he has grit and determination.

The last time we saw him, he handled Cormier, who is an elite fighter. He looked pretty amazing.

He's had a lot of time off and I think with all the nonsense going on in his life he's going to take his return incredibly seriously.

For some reason, even though I don't really care for the dude, I see him coming back bigger and stronger and just even more of a force. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the heavyweight title this year.

Bones knows whose belt it is.
he looks like a beast. I worry what his gas tank will be like. He was the best ufc fighter ever before. I get beefing up for Hawthorne but not sure a good idea now. He needs to get his belt back. Maybe fight rumble and might want Gus again to prove to himself he won but not much to do at 205.

Jones has said that he has been burned out from fighting for years now. One thing I thought that he really had going for him was when he didn't have a fight lined up, he didn't train or hang around the gym at all. It kept him healthy (physically) and he got to live and eat normally for the rest of the year. Now, he's training non-stop, bulking up and becoming just like everyone else. I think he'll burn out even quicker than before.

The time off, the DUI, the coke issues, the party lifestyle and the ring rust, I think he'll come back and look very average and unmotivated. People forget that he hasn't finished a fight since Sonnen in 2013 so it's not like he's been some world beater lately. I think he had his Mike Tyson run and now it's over. Some primes burn bright and burn out quickly.
Bones did not fight scrubs.

Defiantly better. Sobriety = better decision making in and outside of the octagon.

Jon Jones is coming back after a big car accident, drug addiction and getting stripped of his UFC title.

He's now getting swole and changing things up. Maybe faster, maybe not, maybe more power, maybe less fuel in the tank..... so is Jones now better, worse or the same as before?
Hard to say , but i think he will come back better than ever .

Lot's of fights, training camps and weight cuts , when seemingly he wasn't living 'clean ' outside the cage , with multiple distractions .Seemingly hindered mentally and physically.

Happy days for the rest of the division ( LHW) and they still couldn't beat him . He comes back dominates , wins back the belt , moves up to HW does the same and retires.

He is only 28 and undefeated ( lost one fight on DQ after slapping Hammill round the cage and hitting him so many times Hammill thought he was surrounded ), cant see who stands in his way .

From a person who doesn't like him , never cheer leads for him , and hopes the other guy wins . Stays dedicated and active for 5 years retires as the GOAT.

I voted much better. He's off the drugs and focused on his training. Remember how much of a beast he was before when he wasn't doing those things?

I voted "A little worse" but honestly that is just wishful thinking on my part.

I voted a little worse also. I don't think his cardio will be as good. I think he'll suffer a bit from it then get back to his not staying in fight shape routine. Why fuck with a good thing?

I also want him to lose but, similarly to Cormier, I want the best version of him to lose.

I made a similar thread like a month ago (but asking about his performance against Cormier in the second fight), and everyone said Jon Jones comeback much better than before and to me thats hard to believe.

He was doing just TOO good before, when he become champion and defended all those times, to me that was the prime Jon Jones.

He now has bulked and is training more, but is hard to believe (to me at least), he can become something better. (bulking is just slowing down and draining cardio imo, punching power is someting you born with)

IF HE CAN DO IT (become even better)... to me, he gonna be without a doubt the best ever (for some years, until Conor McGregor becomes tri champion defeating Robbie Lawler)

Unless he goes back to his old routines I believe the powerlifting could affect his gas tank. The extra strength could put guys away faster but if not a guy like cormier who has been training for fights all this time will take advantage of a gassed Jones.

I also wonder if Jones is bulking up with the belief he can afford to cut weight like some other guys. Get big and then shred it off before the fight, and potentially be bigger than normal come fight night.

It's scary to think Jones could become an even bigger lhw but it could also backfire on him.... really interesting comeback. So pumped for this fight.

I feel he will be like Cruz, never lost his step and probably will be better than last time. Jones only knows how well he's doing, regardless, we are in for a treat.

He'll probably do better but not a lot Jones will get the belt back though, that's for sure

I'm hoping for same or better but after this much time off, Cormier is a fucking tough opponent for anyone and I wouldn't be shocked in the least if he looks slightly off in his first fight back.

He hasn't fought yet. How can you even expect a sensible answer to this question? He's gonna turn into Godzilla and eat someone, that's what he's gonna do. I need strength. I thought my return would be triumphant. I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you.

Back