Media Jon Jones responds to Dana White; asks to be released

DICEY DICEY!

iBhpQL0.gif

Man oh man this just keeps getting better!

They need more of this type of hype to keep us content between bouts!

Lol... I'm all for fighters getting paid more and for making superfights. But it seems like Jonny finally snapped. Can't post a number, doesn't recount his story, can't take three seconds to check his spelling, asks to be realeased?

Very hard to take sides between Dana and Jon, but in the context of all his previous fuck ups and recklessness, not a great look haha.

So just like everyone who isn’t a blind fan said, he priced himself out, trying to act like he didn’t, it’s not working (like always) and now he’s throwing a hissy fit, soon he will sign for the Jan fight
Dude is like a broken record

If the UFC released Jones the top 2 fighters P4P/GOAT IMO would no longer be in the organization. Jones might not be worth the money he's asking for in the pure PPV sense, but I'd like to think the UFC's status as the A promotion is worth it.

Jones does deserve more money, but I’m not sure what his end game is here. Dana isn’t backing down, so maybe they meet towards the bottom/middle and he’ll get 8 million or so???

his last few fights have been extremely boring...not sure he deserves any more money.

I mean he's got a point.

What did he lie about in this tweet?
He vastly undervalues how much Ufc has spent on USADA and relocating to allow Jones to fight even when he tests positive

Wouldn't negotiating in private be more effective? Also, does Jon have a manger or agent?

Lol it's always great when one of the stars takes a stand against Dana, but let's be serious here, the UFC stuck with Jon despite all the stupid shit he's done (yes I know it's all for the sake of money but still), Jon owes them for that. Heck they made up the fucking Picograms bullshit for him.
The UFC wanted to make more money from Jones so they moved an event so he can fight. While that's shady let's not pretend it was a good deed or that they both agreed they can lowball him from now on. So bringing that up is pretty irrelevant. It was business for them and him, not a favor.

Jones just literally needed to keep his mouth shut. Even if he actually meant to try to make a fight with Ngannou. You done fucked up Jon. Nobody is buying it now. And you’re quadrupling down by trying to get released??

His fans are probably eating it up.

He NEVER intended to fight Ngannou and we all know it. Now he seems to even be ducking his own division. Nobody is buying this. He wants to be out before he is actually awarded a loss. Dana can’t protect you in the B leagues, Jones. But, you don’t have to worry about USADA, either.

Embarrassing.

Last edited:
If the UFC released Jones the top 2 fighters P4P/GOAT IMO would no longer be in the organization. Jones might not be worth the money he's asking for in the pure PPV sense, but I'd like to think the UFC's status as the A promotion is worth it.

I don't think they'll release him because he is valuable, and at the end of the day, him and the UFC will both make good money if he defends at LHW. He is still (relatively) a draw. Look for the UFC to try to convince him to defend against Reyes or Jan and hope he eventually loses so they can ditch him.

It's only business.

He can go take the Heavyweight belt off Bader and act like it's the same as fighting Ngannou
He can, but he's never earning as much as he does with UFC ppv so I'm not sure he'd want to

Back