Jon Jones picks DC to beat Brock Lesnar.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Cormier (21-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) is expected to defend his belt against Lesnar (5-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) early next year once the former champion returns from suspension. Although Lesnar is the more physically imposing athlete, Jones (21-1 MMA, 16-1 UFC) expects “DC” to have a major speed advantage and foresees that as the deciding factor.

“I’m definitely very excited to see Cormier fight Brock Lesnar,” Jones said in a recent interview with a Russian news outlet. “I think Daniel Cormier wins the fight. He’s just too fast. I feel like when I fought him he was quicker than me with certain combinations. I can only imagine he’s going to be a lot quicker than Brock Lesnar.”

Jones said he’s eager to pursue the biggest fights possible when he makes his return to the UFC. If Cormier should defeat Lesnar, there would be no bigger matchup than a trilogy, but this time with heavyweight gold on the line.

Although Jones has said his top priority is to regain the 205-pound belt, which is also currently held by Cormier, he added that heavyweight presents a more difficult matchup. However, Jones has no doubt he would win regardless of weight.

“I think fighting Daniel Cormier at heavyweight would be a bigger challenge,” Jones said. “He’s more comfortable there. His body type, that’s where he wants to be. He wants to be big. I think he would be a tougher fight at heavyweight, but I still believe I would win. I believe I have his number. I know how to beat him.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/jon-j...rock-lesnar-ufc/amp?__twitter_impression=true

What’s with him being in Russia? Refilling his dick pills prescription?

Weird to hear Jon say he thought DC was faster than him in certain combinations.

They were trading some serious leather in that 2nd fight though. That was a much more violent fight than their first one. The pace they set was insane.

Cormier (21-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) is expected to defend his belt against Lesnar (5-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) early next year once the former champion returns from suspension. Although Lesnar is the more physically imposing athlete, Jones (21-1 MMA, 16-1 UFC) expects “DC” to have a major speed advantage and foresees that as the deciding factor.

“I’m definitely very excited to see Cormier fight Brock Lesnar,” Jones said in a recent interview with a Russian news outlet. “I think Daniel Cormier wins the fight. He’s just too fast. I feel like when I fought him he was quicker than me with certain combinations. I can only imagine he’s going to be a lot quicker than Brock Lesnar.”

Jones said he’s eager to pursue the biggest fights possible when he makes his return to the UFC. If Cormier should defeat Lesnar, there would be no bigger matchup than a trilogy, but this time with heavyweight gold on the line.

Although Jones has said his top priority is to regain the 205-pound belt, which is also currently held by Cormier, he added that heavyweight presents a more difficult matchup. However, Jones has no doubt he would win regardless of weight.

“I think fighting Daniel Cormier at heavyweight would be a bigger challenge,” Jones said. “He’s more comfortable there. His body type, that’s where he wants to be. He wants to be big. I think he would be a tougher fight at heavyweight, but I still believe I would win. I believe I have his number. I know how to beat him.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/jon-j...rock-lesnar-ufc/amp?__twitter_impression=true

going out on a huge limb there.

I just wanna see DC throw Jon Jones the way he threw Old Man Hendo. That was mean lololololol

Anyone who is not retarded is picking Cormier to beat Lesnar.

Is normal picking Cormier over Brock... Plus. Interesting with his comment about heavyweight would be a tougher fight... The fight we want... Clean Jones vs Heavyweight DC.

Obviously DC should be a big favorite but everyone loves to sh*t on Lesnar. For those of us who have been on here a while, I remember many people thinking he would never beat Randy or Heath Herring and that he would lose the rematch with Mir. Then when he beat those guys most people claimed it was just his size that won him the fight. If Jones gets respect after being popped twice for PEDs then Brock deserves some respect too.

Ya so does everyone else.. Youd be ignorant to think brock would win...
Now could brock win? Would be a better thread.

If this fights happens not only will DC beat him but he'll go right through Brock like nothing.

Lesnar can take all the roids he wants like it was full-on Pride, and I would still pick DC to pick-up the win with ease.

“I think Daniel Cormier wins the fight. He’s just too fast. I feel like when I fought him he was quicker than me with certain combinations. I can only imagine he’s going to be a lot quicker than Brock Lesnar.”

I'm a Bones hater, but respect to him for calling it in favor of he absolutely despises.

DC has every major advantage in this matchup.
+Endurance
+Speed
+Technique
+Experience

Only minor advantages Brock has are physical.
+Height
+Weight
+Size

And Brock has the absolute worst disadvantages.
-No Gastank
-42 Years Old
-No wins since 2012.

Edit - I'd like to add, since Lesnar's initial retirement in December 2011, DC is 11-1-1, and Lesnar is 0-0-1.

And going back to July 4th 2010, Lesnar would be 0-2-1, and DC is 19-1-1.

Interesting stats.

Last edited:
Back