Jon Jones On UFC 151 Turn Down To Cerrone: "You Dont Make A Million Dollars To Fight"

Jones is a millionaire. Something most UFC fighters will only be able to dream about. I fully hope he adopts the same money mercenary attitude as White and his cohorts. Funny how they are praised for doing it, but 'certain' fighters get villified.

I would wager that Cerrone is a millionaire, too. Have you seen his ranch?

I'm not villifying anyone, just pointing out the fundamental differences in who they are.

jones really needs to keep quiet for a while - or hire a pr consultant.

Read it twice and am still confused who said what

I would wager that Cerrone is a millionaire, too. Have you seen his ranch?

I'm not villifying anyone, just pointing out the fundamental differences in who they are.

Didn't he grow up in a rich community in Colorado?

Jones is a millionaire. Something most UFC fighters will only be able to dream about. I fully hope he adopts the same money mercenary attitude as White and his cohorts. Funny how they are praised for doing it, but 'certain' fighters get villified.
Because it fucks us out of good fights

Because it fucks us out of good fights

That's the fault of the UFC brass. Most people KNOW that. They just allow their irrational dislike of a man they don't even know to still saddle him with the blame. If an EMPLOYEE has the power to shut your business down you need to go back to school, QUICKLY!

sorry to burst your bubble, there is no such thing as untaxed bonus

What? Yes there is, so you think the 6K J-Lau got from Dana for submitting Nick the Tooth a couple of times was taxed?

I'd bet my life that Dana gives unreported locker room bonus' to guys all the time

What? Yes there is, so you think the 6K J-Lau got from Dana for submitting Nick the Tooth a couple of times was taxed?

I'd bet my life that Dana gives unreported locker room bonus' to guys all the time

Pretty sure that's called "Tax Evasion"

It better be taxed. If you or I know about it then sure as shit the IRS knows about it. If there was a bonus that wasn't taxed none of us would ever know about it.

It's difficult to tax hookers and cocaine, so I suspect you're correct.

cerrone is a fighter
jones is a rich, mega-successful, great fighter

Just reading the first page

Lol at the amount of people who can't work out what Jones meant by that

It's a far bigger decision for Jones to decide whether to fight or not, even though its frustrating for the fans, it makes sense for him to take time over who he fights

Hopefully you guys do realize that if there were unreported (to the IRS) bonuses paid out, the UFC is not taking tax deductions for those bonuses, right? While it is possible, I doubt the UFC would go out on a limb (tax evasion is obviously illegal and could damage their reputation if caught) and forego a tax deduction just to help a fighter avoid paying taxes.

Just reading the first page

Lol at the amount of people who can't work out what Jones meant by that

It's a far bigger decision for Jones to decide whether to fight or not, even though its frustrating for the fans, it makes sense for him to take time over who he fights

Yeah but Greg Jackson told Jones that it would be the biggest mistake of his career and made the decision to not take the fight.

I think Greg has too much control over his fighters but if your coach threatens you like that, its plausible that fighters would indeed listen and take heed.

Back