Jon Jones On UFC 151 Turn Down To Cerrone: "You Dont Make A Million Dollars To Fight"

doherty

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Screen-shot-2012-12-28-at-7.02.10-PM.png

"Yes, I'd have fought, they could call me tomorrow and ask me to fight. I think you need to fight. That's our job. I don't think you should curl up and find a way out. So yes, that's my answer. He's my teammate, and we have this discussion all the time,

I said, 'You should've done it.' And he goes, 'Well, you don't make a million (dollars) to fight.' And I said, 'Well, you're right, but I f---ing fight every time with all my heart.'"​

Read more...

cerrone has his points, jones has his own points

they do what's best for them

Jones is right. Cerrone has no idea what its like to be in Jon's shoes.

But according to Sherdog Jones makes $3-$4 mill per fight lol.

fucking cowboy cerrone is the man. "Cmon, Lets go mother ****er"

Jones makes far more than that.The million is basic pay,add in untaxed bonuses,sponsorship etc and the total will be well over two.

The cancellation was on the management of UFC, not one of it's fighters. If they have such shoddy business practices they have to cancel promotions due to loss of talent perhaps they need stronger leadership. Or they could simply fire Jones. He'll make another promotion and himself, quite rich. Oh! They won't fire him because they're only partially stupid, not fully.

I understand where jon is coming from but ya gotta love fighters like cerrone

I get a feeling not a lot of Greg Jackson fighters like Jon Jones. Evans, Arlovski and now Cerrone.

Jones made $465,000 alone from the salary released. Add in his sponsers and whatever else, it's easily a million.

I don't want to be disrespectful but why do so many people claim to know what amount of money these fighters are going home with? I'd wager none of your answers are correct.

Jones makes far more than that.The million is basic pay,add in untaxed bonuses,sponsorship etc and the total will be well over two.

sorry to burst your bubble, there is no such thing as untaxed bonus

Anyone ever notice that when Jones is inactive and there is no drama someone always resurrects the pass in an attempt to smear him again? It's quite pathetic.

Jones made $465,000 alone from the salary released. Add in his sponsers and whatever else, it's easily a million.

Jones also gets PPV points, he is easily making 7 figures a fight.

Lombard gets 300k and PPV points, does anyone actually think Jones as LHW champ and the UFC's biggest up and coming star doesnt?

Jones definitely makes more than a million.

Seems to me making a million dollars per fight is all the more reason to not withdraw.

Back