Jon Jones no longer gets a warning for eye pokes?

stemerm1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
One thing that you can always count on in a Jones fight is an eye poke. It's clockwork. Shogun, Rampage, Evans, Gustafsson, Glover and so on have all been poked in the eye by Jones. Some multiple times.

Do you think it would be fair for Jones to no longer receive a warning for eye pokes? If the ref sees it happen (which history proves it will), automatic point deduction. I know this seems a bit harsh but I think it would get Jones to clean his game up fast. Some think he does this on purpose, I don't know about that, but he sure does it often.

Thoughts?

**EDIT** Just found another thread that is pretty much the same thing. I guess I need to use search a bit more

Last edited:
Yes but the refs don't want to upset the hand that feeds them.

Yeah... I bet if you search "jon jones eye poke" you will get quite the listing.

Posting in a revolutionary thread.

Not sure why no one else has ever thought to make this thread before.

Or even dozens of times before.

I say automatic point deduction. He gets enough warnings, so he has no excuses.

I feel like with how much it gets talked about he will loose a point next fight.

How about before each fight Jones gets offered either an automatic point deduction, no warnings but double the penalty OR...

He could risk it all, for what's in this box.

One thing that you can always count on in a Jones fight is an eye poke. It's clockwork. Shogun, Rampage, Evans, Gustafsson, Glover and so on have all been poked in the eye by Jones. Some multiple times.

Do you think it would be fair for Jones to no longer receive a warning for eye pokes? If the ref sees it happen (which history proves it will), automatic point deduction. I know this seems a bit harsh but I think it would get Jones to clean his game up fast. Some think he does this on purpose, I don't know about that, but he sure does it often.

Thoughts?

**EDIT** Just found another thread that is pretty much the same thing. I guess I need to use search a bit more

Let's just say, I think he has had enough warnings...The Refs are making themselves & the UFC look like cowards & fools for NOT enforcing this rule...Fans are mocking them, & Jones grows bolder & bolder with each fight, because of they're displayed indifference.

What about for groin shots, wasn't it Kongo that was always good for those. What about elbows to the back of the head, or knees to a downed opponent. Get over it who cares. Do you really think the eye poke cost the person the fight? Like Chael had a chance, or Shogun or many others.

Thoughts?

History doesn't prove shit. Yeah he pokes eyes a lot but you seem so sure that he will do it again, like you're psychic or something. We get it you're a jones hater, but you're still hung up on the past haha I bet you're still sobbing over your girlfriend leaving you, or that your dad molested you. Get the fuck over it. Plus to single out jones like that is completely unjust. As I already stated, you're just a hater, and calling jones out like this proves it.

What about for groin shots, wasn't it Kongo that was always good for those. What about elbows to the back of the head, or knees to a downed opponent. Get over it who cares. Do you really think the eye poke cost the person the fight? Like Chael had a chance, or Shogun or many others.

Maybe some of those fighters did have a chance. After getting poked in the eye and having their vision messed up for the rest of the fight that chance was gone. Yeah, I think a poke in the eye would make it mucher harder to win a fight

Maybe some of those fighters did have a chance. After getting poked in the eye and having their vision messed up for the rest of the fight that chance was gone. Yeah, I think a poke in the eye would make it mucher harder to win a fight

So which fight did he win via an eye poke?

Keep grasping at straws to support your laughable argument.

I've been thinking that warnings should carry over from fight to fight.

So if you've had a warning or point deduction for some offense in the last 5 rounds (or however much history you want to include) of your MMA career, you will receive an automatic point deduction for that offense if you repeat it before your history clears.

yes take a point right off the back when he does it. he knows what hes doing

History doesn't prove shit. Yeah he pokes eyes a lot but you seem so sure that he will do it again, like you're psychic or something. We get it you're a jones hater, but you're still hung up on the past haha I bet you're still sobbing over your girlfriend leaving you, or that your dad molested you. Get the fuck over it. Plus to single out jones like that is completely unjust. As I already stated, you're just a hater, and calling jones out like this proves it.

where did I say I was a Jones hater? You sound like you have some issues bud

Back