Jon Jones: "My mom's funeral was epic" "her friends said good thing about her"

An excerpt from my favorite obituary, written by Walter George Bruhl Jr: As for a funeral service: “There will be no viewing since his wife refuses to honour his request to have him standing in the corner of the room with a glass of Jack Daniels in his hand so that he would appear natural to visitors.”

I'm by no means a Jones fan but ffs the guy's talking about the death of his mother. I'll cut him some slack if he doesn't come off perfectly (whatever that is) here

Maybe I'm the only one who found it really funny

Didn't watch the video but that sounds like quite a hilarious way to describe your mother's funeral

So they stuck her on a boat, set her adrift at sea and lit that sumbitch on fyre? THAT would be epic, brah.

This thread borders on some Ari Shaffir shit. It has nothing whatsoever to do with mma and should be banned.

adjective: epic

heroic or grand in scale or character.
"his epic journey around the world"

INFORMAL
particularly impressive or remarkable.
"the gig last night was epic"

I get it, you guys hate Jones, but you are reeeeally reaching with this one.

As fucked up as you may think Jones is if you watch the video remember he gave away $20,000 worth of winter jackets this past holiday season and previously cleared out an entire toy isle to give kids Christmas toys. When he talks about how great it was to hear how many people his mom helped I think he’s dead serious...

When he says epic, epic meaning grand many people showing up, showing love, showing respect. Nothing weird or sociopathic about it to describe a funeral as epic, my nephew had a epic funeral couldn't believe he touched so many people.

"My mom was a rockstar"

ce29eb6fde93dcb21ac8d8bb43ff48f1--rock-star-hair-ethnic-hair.jpg
That’s your mom bro?

When he says epic, epic meaning grand many people showing up, showing love, showing respect. Nothing weird or sociopathic about it to describe a funeral as epic, my nephew had a epic funeral couldn't believe he touched so many people.
<DisgustingHHH>

Typical MMA fans in this thread.

Always bitching about Jones being an asshole... then look at the way in which they carry themselves. Bitter hypocrites, no more no less.

That being said, a bit of and odd way to describe a funeral, but who am I to judge.

Dom Reyes funeral in the octagon is going to be epic too.

Jones by banana split in the 3rd.

Thread could be "Jones says mother left a legacy of helping others"

Not a fan, but nothing the least bit wrong with what he said.

Calling your mom's funeral epic......classy.

Probably did lines and hit up the strip clubs after.

I understand what he is trying to say but I don't think the word epic probably should not be used in relation to a funeral.

7:30 mark

Jones said the funeral was epic because a lot of women who his mom had helped, stood up and talked about her being good to them

not watching 36 minutes. give us a timestamp, dipstick.

edit: my bad, it's above the video.

Last edited:
Back