Jon Jones is scared that Adesanya will surpass him as the GOAT

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
In a head to head fight, Jones beats Adesanya just by virtue of the size difference. But in terms of legacy and résumé, Jones fears that Adesanya will eventually be ranked above him.

For starters, Adesanya is truly and officially undefeated. As far as we know, he is PED-free as well. These are two qualities Jones will never possess.

Adesanya is getting the superstar push. He has an exciting fan friendly style. In a year's time, he may be one of the top draws of the sport. Maybe not Conor level but you never know. If he keeps winning, I can see him entering the GOAT conversation.

Jones assumed he had the GOAT title secured. Given recency bias, he has little to fear from GOAT contenders who are retired or past their prime. But Adesanya is a contemporary. Jones wants to nip his momentum in the bud. He does not fear Adesanya as an opponent across the cage. He fears him as the fighter that will take his GOAT status away.

In a head to head fight, Jones beats Adesanya just by virtue of the size difference. But in terms of legacy and résumé, Jones fears that Adesanya will eventually be ranked above him.

For starters, Adesanya is truly and officially undefeated. As far as we know, he is PED-free as well. These are two qualities Jones will never possess.

Adesanya is getting the superstar push. He has an exciting fan friendly style. In a year's time, he may be one of the top draws of the sport. Maybe not Conor level but you never know. If he keeps winning, I can see him entering the GOAT conversation.

Jones assumed he had the GOAT title secured. Given recency bias, he has little to fear from GOAT contenders who are retired or past their prime. But Adesanya is a contemporary. Jones wants to nip his momentum in the bud. He does not fear Adesanya as an opponent across the cage. He fears him as the fighter that will take his GOAT status away.

tenor.gif

I wouldn't go that far but if adesanya does work on his ground game more (which im sure he is), Adesanya could potentially be a threat to Jones. Jones has had a history of having more of a hard time with guys around his size or larger, so Jones' reach advantage wouldn't work on Adesanya cause they're both skinny black dudes.
If they fought now I'd go with Jones but we gotta give Adesanya some more time to fully develop and grow as a fighter.
I get what you're saying when it comes to legacy cause Adesanya is a clean fighter and Jones isn't but when it comes to raw skill, Jones is better by a long shot still, and thats what matters at the end of the day.
Anderson Silva is still one of the best of all time and he used PED's.

Jones* is afraid of life. Can’t live clean. Can’t fight clean. Talks about moving up while calling out the smaller guys.

That’s cute, Adesanya has a long way to go, at this stage he never looked unbeatable either lol

Nope.
Are there Adesanya nut huggers?
JJ has the best resume in the history of the sport.
Israel is not even winning his next fight.

I wouldn't go that far but if adesanya does work on his ground game more (which im sure he is), Adesanya could potentially be a threat to Jones. Jones has had a history of having more of a hard time with guys around his size or larger, so Jones' reach advantage wouldn't work on Adesanya cause they're both skinny black dudes.
If they fought now I'd go with Jones but we gotta give Adesanya some more time to fully develop and grow as a fighter.

Jones beats him for sure. I would advise Adesanya to not fight Jones. Ever. The size difference is too much. Adesanya can be a freaking WW.

Focus on winning the MW title instead and defend it. Go for the title defense record. Have exciting fights. Remain undefeated. That's how you truly beat Jones...in terms of legacy.

Interim champ...which means he's not even the champ yet. GTFO here with this goat talk.

Nah. Adesanya won't even unify the belts. His boxing got exposed by a guy who has no business being in that weight class. He looked 3 weight classes bigger and couldn't close the show. Whitaker or Romero kill him.

Yeah, we'll see how IA looks after a few title defenses against those "MW Bosses" that he speaks about...Whitaker...Romero...oh my

I get what you're saying when it comes to legacy cause Adesanya is a clean fighter and Jones isn't but when it comes to raw skill, Jones is better by a long shot still, and thats what matters at the end of the day.
Anderson Silva is still one of the best of all time and he used PED's.
By today's standards, can we really assume anyone who's not been caught yet is "clean"?

There is tape of poatan Pereira ko Adesanya. He is not THAT undefeated.

Umm..... What?! lol. Come on dude, I am a huge Adesanya fan. But Jones would make him look like like a b-level fighter. So no.... he won't surpass him as a GOAT. You can only surpass a GOAT by beating either him, or his accolades.

Jones beats him for sure. I would advise Adesanya to not fight Jones. Ever. The size difference is too much. Adesanya can be a freaking WW.

Focus on winning the MW title instead and defend it. Go for the title defense record. Have exciting fights. Remain undefeated. That's how you truly beat Jones...in terms of legacy.
I get what you're saying but Jones is still gonna be remembered for his terrifying stranglehold over the Light Heavyweight regardless of whether or not he's a shitty per
By today's standards, can we really assume anyone who's not been caught yet is "clean"?
You think adesanya cheats?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back