Jon Jones is scared that Adesanya will surpass him as the GOAT

These threads..

Israel's spoke about him first. Jones was in his place, doing his thing, being the GOAT by the fireplace..

By that logic, Jones should be more scared of Khabib

The only reason Israel has a belt is because Kelvin clinched up after hurting him with the high kick. If he would have just started blasting him instead Kelvin would've finished him and be the interim champ. Poor fight IQ for Kelvin.

You should watch that sequence again. Kelvin was tired and went for the kill immediately anyways.

You should watch that sequence again. Kelvin was tired and went for the kill immediately anyways.
He did not. He tried to take him to the ground. He kicked him in the neck then landed follow-up shots. When he got Israel against the cage he tried to wrestle him instead of striking. He was hurting him with strikes until it got against the cage. Gave him time to recover by wrestling and then lost the fight. Watch it again and you'll see that is exactly what happened. Maybe he wrestled because he was tired, but it's still how it went.

He did not. He tried to take him to the ground. He kicked him in the neck then landed follow-up shots. When he got Israel against the cage he tried to wrestle him instead of striking. He was hurting him with strikes until it got against the cage. Gave him time to recover by wrestling and then lost the fight. Watch it again and you'll see that is exactly what happened. Maybe he wrestled because he was tired, but it's still how it went.

I've watched it several times, he tried striking but he was pretty spent.

Here, look for yourself.

Israel%2BGas%2BMoment.gif

How many times Israel was hurt/rocked vs Kelvin, Jones hasn't been in his whole career.

As
In a head to head fight, Jones beats Adesanya just by virtue of the size difference. But in terms of legacy and résumé, Jones fears that Adesanya will eventually be ranked above him.

For starters, Adesanya is truly and officially undefeated. As far as we know, he is PED-free as well. These are two qualities Jones will never possess.

Adesanya is getting the superstar push. He has an exciting fan friendly style. In a year's time, he may be one of the top draws of the sport. Maybe not Conor level but you never know. If he keeps winning, I can see him entering the GOAT conversation.

Jones assumed he had the GOAT title secured. Given recency bias, he has little to fear from GOAT contenders who are retired or past their prime. But Adesanya is a contemporary. Jones wants to nip his momentum in the bud. He does not fear Adesanya as an opponent across the cage. He fears him as the fighter that will take his GOAT status away.
Much as I hate Jones, he's just as undefeated. We don't count dumb elbow disqualifications by the worst ref of all time.

Jesús the dude bearly beat kelvin in a basically kickboxing match... he isn’t beating Robert Romero or even jacare... let alone costa

In a head to head fight, Jones beats Adesanya just by virtue of the size difference. But in terms of legacy and résumé, Jones fears that Adesanya will eventually be ranked above him.

For starters, Adesanya is truly and officially undefeated. As far as we know, he is PED-free as well. These are two qualities Jones will never possess.

Adesanya is getting the superstar push. He has an exciting fan friendly style. In a year's time, he may be one of the top draws of the sport. Maybe not Conor level but you never know. If he keeps winning, I can see him entering the GOAT conversation.

Jones assumed he had the GOAT title secured. Given recency bias, he has little to fear from GOAT contenders who are retired or past their prime. But Adesanya is a contemporary. Jones wants to nip his momentum in the bud. He does not fear Adesanya as an opponent across the cage. He fears him as the fighter that will take his GOAT status away.

No.

I've watched it several times, he tried striking but he was pretty spent.

Here, look for yourself.

Israel%2BGas%2BMoment.gif
You proved my point. At 42 seconds hit shot a double when he should have kept punching.If he's not to tired to stand he's not too tired to punch. A champion digs deep. The 42 second mark. Watch it again.

I guarantee on my son's life that Jones has not lost one second of sleep over thinking about Israel in any way shape or form.

Jones* is afraid of life. Can’t live clean. Can’t fight clean. Talks about moving up while calling out the smaller guys.
A cage fighter that beats the shit out of men half naked in front of millions is scared.

Unlike the anonymous mighty keyboard warrior!

Adesanya is a fun fighter to watch but he's not well rounded enough to stay undefeated for long.

In a pure striking battle against a 5'9" guy, who's not even the top of the heap in his division, he almost got TKOed (why Kelvin went for a takedown in round 4 after the headkick is beyond me).

Jones is jealous about Israel's meteoric rise no doubt. But Israel will never beat Jones

Unless you're doing a bit, you should be in prison for a take this bad

You proved my point. At 42 seconds hit shot a double when he should have kept punching.If he's not to tired to stand he's not too tired to punch. A champion digs deep. The 42 second mark. Watch it again.

You said "The only reason Israel has a belt is because Kelvin clinched up after hurting him with the high kick. If he would have just started blasting him instead Kelvin would've finished him and be the interim champ. Poor fight IQ for Kelvin."

He did start blasting. It didn't work and cost him a lot of energy. This isn't a question of digging deep, he did do that and it didn't work.

And "not too tired to stand not too tired to punch" is one of the silliest things I've heard around here. This isn't a video game.

Adesanya is already behind.
Jones always dominated.
Adesanya looked very beatable and was outpunched during some rounds.

Back