Jon Jones is chickening out from Gus fight... (TEXT)

They are in contract negotiations right now. If anything, Jones is in a better position due to the UFC announcing Gus has signed on for August 30th.

Jones will be the highest paid fighter in the UFC once his new deal is done. He'll sign for the fight.

Dana announced the fight already as a bargaining tool. He will say he is ducking Gus unless he signs what Dana put on the table.

Overhearing BJ Penn at the airport is a more reliable source than Bleacher Report.

Cormier vs Jones, Id take that one to....I don't think jones is keen on either..... Both those fight are very interesting

I wonder what the people saying Jones will steamroll Gus this time are basing their judgment on ?
He didn't show anything in the Glover fight that suggests he won't struggle once again against someone of similar height/reach.. ( Glover imo was a highly outmatched+outsized opponent despite of the UFC's weak hype strategy )

This time he's going to poke both eyes at the same time.

He's going to have to accept the fight. This isn't boxing where you choose your opponents and skip the fighters that you know will give you trouble.

Wish we could skip Gus-Jones and jump straight to DC-Jones.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if we wend up with DC vs Gus and Jones takes the winner.

Jones should turn the fight down to fight DC Gus already lost and hasnt done anything to earn a rematch. DC is the true #1 LHW contender.

....Yes
Dc's two lhw fights.......
Against an unranked barista.......
And a 43yr old who was 1-3 in his last four bouts AND weighed in 6lbs under the 205 limit........HAVE clearly pushed him in front of a fighter who is 16-2 at LIGHTheavyweight with 13 finishes at LIGHTheavyweight...and ARGUABLY beat the goat lhw and the current p4p#1....and can match jones substantial reach and height......

You're right.....

By "your right".....I mean stfu don't be silly gus is the num 1 contender and the most legitimate challenge

And dc WILL get a shot but don't be suprised if a guy who is 5ft 11 and has a 72 inch reach will find it difficult striking w a guy who is 6ft 4 and has a 12 in reach advantage...and employs a more varied attack

Oh don't be suprised if dc has a bit of trouble grappling wise....greco td's rely a lot on leverage and with such an extreme difference in frames...the leverage gets fcked up...oh and jones is a better wrestler than anyone dc's faced so give the younger bigger juco champ whose only been taken down ONCE in mma ...just a lil bit of credit

B4 you answer with the gif of dc tossing barnett keep in minds josh isn't a wrestler......yes catch wrestling is A LOT different than freestyle/greco

Back