Jon Jones is chickening out from Gus fight... (TEXT)

jon_losing_face.png

jon_losing_face_3.png

He needs more than a fight against Glover to get his soul (or as he said: "mojo") back imo. I hate to see him duck Alex but I can sort of understand it too.

They are in contract negotiations right now. If anything, Jones is in a better position due to the UFC announcing Gus has signed on for August 30th.

Jones will be the highest paid fighter in the UFC once his new deal is done. He'll sign for the fight.

ayup.

I wonder what the people saying Jones will steamroll Gus this time are basing their judgment on ?
He didn't show anything in the Glover fight that suggests he won't struggle once again against someone of similar height/reach.. ( Glover imo was a highly outmatched+outsized opponent despite of the UFC's weak hype strategy )

I wonder what the people saying Jones will steamroll Gus this time are basing their judgment on ?
He didn't show anything in the Glover fight that suggests he won't struggle once again against someone of similar height/reach.. ( Glover imo was a highly outmatched+outsized opponent despite of the UFC's weak hype strategy )

how was he outsized? glover is huge!

Machida, Sonnen and Vitor were outsized but Glover wasn't, he is not a small LHW by any stretch.

Why would they target it for Vegas when they're going to Sweden a month later? Makes no sense.

Because Jones won't fight him there in spite of Dana's blowhard tactics, Jones plays hardball with the UFC.. Jones is working on a new deal with the UFC and obviously won't agree to Gus fight without what he wants in new deal..

Jones via better fighter just like last time.

Good for him.... We just trolling yall :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s, we gonna post a instagram vid trolling you some more and eventually sign it.

Yeah right. Jones is probably trying to get a deal to go to wsof so he doesn't have to face top challengers anymore.

Chicken(ing)/ducking/avoiding has to be the most over used term on Sherdog.

Both lose to Cormier

Back